Saturday, September 24, 2005

Happy blogday to me...

Okay, the title of this post is REALLY bad. (And nevermind the fact that "blog" sounds like something you might cough up after a particularly nasty case of bronchitis...) But I figure since I'm some kind of wannabe writer, I should take advantage of this whole World Wide Web thing and throw my hat into the blogger's ring. So here it is -- my very first blog. (If you haven't jumped up and down in excitement yet, I'll give you a moment...)

So what does one say in a blog, anyway? I wasn't really certain, which is why I'm calling this whole thing my "journal of random tangents." I'm pretty good with tangents. Distract me from my train of thought for a moment, and I'll give you a couple paragraphs about some long-forgotten moment in my childhood, or recall a completely pointless anecdote that makes no sense whatsoever.

But in the interest of staying on topic (wait -- did I HAVE a topic?) I suppose the logical thing to do would be to introduce myself. And I would, except I think anyone reading this probably already knows me. So I'll just skip that part and move on to something else...

Anyway, this first post is more of a test than anything else. I haven't explored this site too much, so I'm not sure what I can do with it. If you were nice enough (or bored enough) to read this, thanks! And if you're ever this bored again, please check back and see if I've added anything new. That's it for now...

No comments: