Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random picture post!!

I haven't done a random picture post in a long time... so here we go, in no particular order and with no rhyme or reason:



Cool ocean picture Rick took in Kauai...


Jellyfish at the Maui Ocean Center... I just love that place... :)


Allegro and Piva kicking back in a sunbeam... it's so hard to be a cat...


A park in Costa Rica... the bench and gazebo were badly in need of new coats of paint, but they actually looked sort of cool the way they were...


Purple flower in Key West -- and yes, the only reason I took this picture was because the flower was purple... :)


An old church in Mallorca... they were renovating part of it, but I kinda like how the cross is right between the uncovered part and the part covered in scaffolding...



The hoards of people on the Spanish Steps in Rome...


And the hoards of people at Trevi Fountain. We were there in October, I believe -- so it kinda makes you wonder if there's ever an "off" season for tourists in Rome...


I love this picture of me and Eric... Eric rules...


This is a picture dad took of a church in Palermo, Sicily. I wish I would've been there myself, because that would've meant that I was NOT getting attacked by a rouge umbrella in another part of town and heading back to our cruise ship for stitches...


Fuzzy nighttime Chicago skyline. There was a storm this night, and I was standing on Eric's balcony attempting to catch a shot of some lightning. Never got a picture of the lightning, but this one isn't so bad... :)

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Holey, cow - are you ever multi-talented!

Those are all masterpieces. Love the cats best, tho. Sunbeam is great.

And the Hawaii wave of course, I could actually hear the crashing of the ocean when I looked at it. And will take that ocean song to bed with me for peace and restoration of a weary soul.
xo

Lisa said...

Aw, thanks, Jannie! Although I can't take credit for all those pictures -- a couple were taken by Rick and my dad... :)

I think it's so cute how my cats seek out the sun every morning -- they're always either on that couch, or on the floor in a little square of sunshine. Such a tough life! :)

And speaking of ocean waves -- one of my favorite settings on my Brookstone sound machine is the "ocean waves" sound. It's SO nice to fall asleep to the sound of ocean waves! When your eyes are closed, you can pretend the ocean is right outside your window... it's quite peaceful...

G. B. Miller said...

Cool pics.

Makes me wish that summer was hear already.

How's that lyric go?

"Summertime.....and the living is easy."