Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Random matters of comfort(ability)...

Now that I've watched the Dancing Matt video approximately 143 times, I should probably write about something else...

I had a dream last night that I had all kinds of stuff written for my blog... paragraphs and paragraphs of insightful, eloquent prose... Yeah, I don't think THAT dream is coming true today. Sorry. :)

So I have been informed that I need to give SOMEone credit for drawing in random, sporadic, worldwide readers, who stumble upon my blog when searching for info about made-up words. Or, rather, one specific made-up word -- I am speaking, of course, about comfortability. And yes, I suppose I DO need to give Faisal credit, because queries on Google for this "comfort" counterpart top the search terms people use before finding my blog. Of course, I'm not sure how many of these people return to keep reading... perhaps I should start a new blog simply titled "Comfortability." Or perhaps I should ask Faisal for a NEW made-up word... a made-up word to rival the unmitigated popularity of comfortability... hmmm... would he be up to the challenge??

Moving on: Should I be concerned that the top two shelves of my pantry have always seemed to bow downward?



And should I also be concerned that, for some inexplicable reason, this is where I've chosen to place lots and lots of heavy canned items?? (By the way, that little bag of green stuff over on the bottom right is catnip -- I just realized that its green, herby appearance looks rather suspicious. I placed it up on that shelf because Riff can't reach it -- if he could reach it, he'd pull it out of the pantry every time the door was open and chew the bag apart until he could roll around in catnippy happiness...)

I've probably mentioned this before, but I am continually surprised by the fact that the weather in Chicago is even crazier than the weather in Austin. I mean, I used to think Austin weather was completely nutso... but now it seems relatively sane and predictable. Like now, for instance -- it's summer, so it's hot in Austin. And there's probably not a lot of rain. But here, it's harder to know what's going on. The temperature the last few weeks has been all over the place -- yesterday the high was 70-something... Thursday the high is supposed to be 104... then it'll be back into the 80s and 90s (maybe... that's assuming that the weather forecasters are correct)... Sometimes rain will be predicted for later in the week, and then two days later the forecast changes... and then two days later it changes AGAIN. The meteorologists around here have NO clue what is going on. (And Rick is getting VERY annoyed by the fact that we've had no thunderstorms lately...)

Okay, I'm off to make tea and watch some Netflix shows... hope everyone is having a good week...

1 comment:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'd be more concerned about just how tidy your shelves are. :D