Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Middle of the week randomness...

It's been a busy week, and today and tomorrow are going to be even more busy -- because super early Friday morning, we leave for a week in Maui. (Seriously, I have to be up SOOOO early to catch my flight to Hawaii... can I have some sympathy? Anything? Anyone?? *chirping crickets* No? Nothing?? Sigh... I suppose I don't deserve any... :))

I was planning on squeezing in a few extra-strenuous workouts this week, in some kind of vain attempt to assuage the insecurity I feel when faced with lying on the beach in a swimsuit. And since I knew Rick was leaving for a work event in Las Vegas Sunday morning, I figured I'd have plenty of alone time to pop in an Insanity DVD and flail about my living room like a crazy person. Rick's flight left early Sunday morning, which meant he was packed and ready to go Saturday night... so his suitcase was lying on standby on the bedroom floor. That's probably something I should've remembered when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom... since I usually get up at least once in the middle of the night, I have the route to and from the bathroom mapped out to the point that I can groggily walk back and forth in the dark without bumping into anything. Except, of course, when something that isn't usually on the floor (suitcase) is on the floor. And then there IS a chance that I might smack my foot into it with a bit too much force...




Not that anyone wanted to see pictures of my feet... but I DID manage to match my nail polish to my bruise. I like to be color-coordinated...

Needless to say, I haven't been working out the last few days. I actually thought I'd broken something when I got up on Sunday morning, because I could hardly walk on my foot. I spent all day on the couch, with my foot up on a pillow, popping Advil. But by Monday, it felt about 50 percent better... and by Tuesday, I could walk like a normal person again. (At least without a shoe on -- wearing a shoe still hurts a bit...)

Lucky for me, I can wear lots of flip flops in Hawaii... unlucky for me, I didn't get to work off that last pound or two I hoped to get rid of before donning a swimsuit. Oh well... I SUPPOSE I'll just grin and bear it... ;)

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some Maui pictures -- which I promise will be nicer to look at than my feet...

1 comment:

Mom said...

OUCH!!! I'm so sorry. I know from experience how much that hurts! It does look pretty now though. :-) See you Friday!