Monday, January 21, 2013

Photo randomness...

Every now and then I find myself flipping through the pictures I have in my phone, trying to decide whether or not to keep them or delete them. I also wonder: how did I get SO many pictures on my phone?? And do you suppose that someday, cameras will be obsolete? Will we all just document our lives with the cameras on our phones, instead of good-quality CAMERA cameras? (Or will phone cameras eventually reach the level of quality found in real cameras? I mean, it makes sense, right? Computers used to be the size of entire rooms... and now we fit them into the palms of our hands...)

That whole paragraph of curiosity was for the sole purpose of introducing these -- a bunch of pictures I recently took with my camera:

Oh Christmas cookies, how I miss you...

Piva checking out the twenty snowflakes that have fallen this year...

My new favorite purple mug from Caribou Coffee. Faisal bought the same mug (actually, he bought like four of them because they were a really good deal -- they were marked down from ten or twelve dollars to only three or four...), and made the observation that because the mouth of the mug is so wide, hot beverages cool down quickly. Which is true... but I tend to reheat my beverages in the microwave about fifteen times before I manage to drink an entire cup. Sometimes I'll take a sip, and then forget about it for a half hour... and then suddenly I'll realize, "hey, I still have an entire cup of coffee!" So the quickly cooling properties don't bother me much... and anyway, coffee tastes better in a purple mug. Don't question me, it just does.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? Seriously, this is the second time I've noticed a long line of people standing on the street across from my condo building -- and I have yet to figure out what they were all waiting for. There are no movie theaters, no sports arenas, no museums... the building they're standing in front of houses an eye doctor, a hairstylist, and a custom suit shop... and I just don't think all of these people are in desperate need of new suits. Next time I see something like this, I'm going down to stand in line, too... just so I can see where I end up. 

I have a LOT of Riff pictures on my phone... he's just always doing things that make me laugh. Like searching for a lost treat under the fridge...

Or hiding behind the coffeemaker...

Or taking his place as Kitty Overlord on top of the fridge and gazing down upon his human underlings...

Okay, I'm off to make some tea and huddle under a blanket to counteract the effects of tonight's 7-degree weather... hope everyone is having a good week!


2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the shots of Riff. I hope he found that lost treat under the fridge!

I don't have a phone. I have 2 cameras, a Sony cybershot point and shoot kinda camera which I try to carry with me at all times and my Canon E0S slr which I use for "posher" stuff.

I have an ipad, and apparently the camera on that is meant to be very good, it just seems a weird thing to use to take a snap shot.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Joey!

I actually saw someone using an ipad as a camera the last time I was in Hawaii -- it was very strange! It seems like such an unwieldy kind of thing to carry around for a camera! :)