Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Joy and remembrance...

Oh, hello there! I suppose you thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth... again. :)

But no, I'm still around. Just been crazy busy around here, and there's been a lot going on. In fact, this is the first day in months that I haven't had either immediate work to do, or something waiting in the wings. I already feel lazy...

But this does give me a chance to catch up on some of my neglected housework and to finally write a blog post. Maybe I can even write more than one this week -- how novel would THAT be??

Anyway... despite my absence from the blog, nothing too exciting has been happening here in the Windy City. With the major exception of this little bundle of sweetness:

My adorable niece Molly was born on August 30 -- she already looks like her brother!


When I met her for the first time, she was trying to sleep and could NOT believe that I was bothering her. :)

I wish I had a picture of her nursery -- Eric and Rachel did such a great job with it. Pretty green walls, and lots of purple accents. Which is good, because kids should be introduced to a love of purple as early as possible. (Purple happens to be my favorite color, in case that wasn't obvious... :))

So that was the highlight of my summer -- which went by much too quickly, by the way. Halloween candy is already out in stores, and I just saw an ad for Lowe's that promised you can have new countertops in your kitchen "in time for the holidays." We're talking about "the holidays" already?? Too soon, too soon...

The first few weeks in September are always a bit melancholy -- September 6 would've been Aimee's 44th birthday, and she died the first week of September in 2002... so every time the first week of September rolls around, I'm thinking about her...

And then of course there's today -- I will never forget waking up on that perfect, sunny, cloudless morning twelve years ago, and thinking to myself that it was such a beautiful day. And then I turned on the TV, and the whole world changed.

So in remembrance of September 11, 2001:


   



No comments: