Monday, February 03, 2014

Random stuff!

I was browsing through blogs the other day, and decided to check out one that used to be a favorite -- the author hadn't posted anything in more than a year, but every now and then, I'd click over to her blog anyway, on the off chance that she'd written something new. Well, this time, lo and behold, there were brand new entries. So I figured, if she could randomly show up again after more than a year's absence, then surely I can update my blog after being gone for a month. Right? Right. (Besides, every time I get lazy, Rick reminds me of how lonely my poor blog is...) So here's some random stuff:

I finally have an email address tied to my blog: journalofrandomtangents@gmail.com. So if anyone feels like saying hi, or wants to ask me why I'm so weird, or whatever... feel free to email me!

My tooth saga turned out to be more complicated than I'd hoped, but it's almost over, fortunately. When I went to the dentist to get the wayward crown glued back down, I found out that it wasn't fitting properly. So he temporarily cemented the crown back on, and I had to go back last week so he could reshape the tooth and get it ready for a brand new, better-fitting crown. So I'm still eating with a temporary crown, but the permanent one will be here in couple weeks and then MAYBE I can stop thinking about my teeth so much. (I had another "teeth falling out" dream last night... I'm always so glad when I wake up from those and realize that all my teeth are still in place...)

So in less than three weeks, we're heading to Hawaii -- it's been far too long since I've had any good travel pictures on this blog, so hopefully I'll be able to share some good ones from Kauai. Winter is supposed to be whale season in Hawaii -- all the whales from the north swim south to warmer water -- so if we're lucky, maybe we'll see a few while we're there. Or maybe we'll just be lazy and lay on the beach and pay no attention to whatever is going on in the water... who knows. One thing I DO know -- I will, at some point, partake of Hula Pie...

Speaking of Hula Pie... my friend Julie asked me to join a P90X challenge group at the beginning of the year -- if you're not familiar with P90X, it's a workout that focuses more on various forms of strength training than on straight aerobic activity. There have been a lot of studies that suggest building muscle is more beneficial than 100 percent aerobic workouts -- running, walking, etc., is great for your heart and overall health, but building extra muscle protects against injury and accelerates weight loss. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so if you gain muscle, you'll burn more calories even when you're sitting around doing nothing. Which is great if, for example, you want to eat a lot of Hula Pie... So obviously I had to join the P90X challenge. I've never done so many push-ups in my life...

And that being said, I think it's about time for more push-ups, so I need to wrap up this post. Hope everyone had a great January -- can you believe it's February already?? Once again, time is moving by way too quickly... so you'll hardly even notice if I don't post again for another month, right? :)


4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh I know all about ill fitting crowns. I've had a temporary one for a least a year now. Can't say I dream about them though! :D

Lisa said...

I've had recurring "teeth falling out" dreams for as long as I can remember -- apparently I worry about my teeth too much! :)

G. B. Miller said...

Lisa weird? Perish the thought!

Aunt Carol said...

Just thought I'd share something my dentist told me when I got a crown. He said to keep some Fixodent on hand in case it fell off. It will hold it in place temporarily until you can get it fixed.