Thursday, December 27, 2007

A few Christmas pictures...

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas... or Hanukkah... or Kwanzaa or Boxing Day or Christmahanukwaoxing Day... I had a nice Christmas myself -- Eric flew down on Christmas, but he was only able to stay for a couple days (and let's face it, that's about much time as anyone can possibly spend with Eric, anyway, right?) and we all hung out at mom and dad's new house. Mom made a turkey for Christmas dinner, and apparently the new oven had a mind of its own -- after four hours (the point at which a similarly-sized turkey was fully-cooked in the old oven), it still wasn't done. After increasing the oven temperature three times, searching for a meat thermometer, researching the internet for "proper cooked turkey temperature," and waiting another hour, the turkey finally reached a safe temperature and we were able to eat without worrying about food poisoning. (And dinner was really good, mom! :))

I didn't get too many pictures while Eric was here, but here are a few:

Me on Christmas Eve... my hair looked halfway decent, which is so rare...

Mom and dad's new living room, with their super-cool TV... we need to hang out here more often...

The new kitchen...


Eric and Rick, discovering they both got everything they wanted for Christmas... or something like that...

The Christmas cookies I made that lasted about two hours... (like I told Eric this afternoon -- I should've doubled the recipe...)


Rather strange picture of me... but check out the necklace -- Rick gave it to me for Christmas. It's a piece of one of the original seats from Yankee Stadium. They look out all the old wooden seats back in 1973 and replaced them with plastic seats. And apparently someone has been saving all those old wooden seats so they could be recycled into necklaces and cufflinks and pens. I thought it was pretty cool...


This is what Kiko was doing all throughout our dinner... that cat LOVES turkey...

No comments: