Sunday, December 30, 2007

Goodbye, 2007...

The last hours of 2007 are quickly slipping away... we're about to be catapulted into a brand new year. I just read that this year's Times Square celebration will mark the 100th anniversary of the annual ball drop. I wonder how many people showed up back in 1907? I wonder when, exactly, Times Square turned into THE place to be on New Year's Eve? One hundred years, and I've STILL never been to Times Square on New Year's Eve... oh well... it's probably more comfortable to just watch on TV, anyway... :)

So what can I say about 2007? It was the year of linguistic anarchy, when made-up words were suddenly and inexplicably deemed "acceptable." It was the year the legal system finally managed to track me down and attempted to ensnare me in its sticky little grasp. My sometimes-favorite show Lost managed to regain "favorite" status with its Tivo-worthy season finale (and I can only hope the writer's strike ends soon so the fact that we've all had to wait until 2008 for the new shows will be worth it...). And I survived another great season of fantasy baseball (although I wish the Yankees would've pulled themselves together in the post-season. 2008 -- the year of the Yankees! I hope... :)) The saga of Harry Potter was completed, and I finally found out why Salman Rushdie was forced to hide out in the Cabin in the Middle of Nowhere all those years ago. We lost our favorite coffee shop -- but I also managed to lose some weight (possibly from my switch to lower-calorie cappuccinos, since my access to Seattle's Best caramel lattes is now limited).


2007 also brought:

A Texas ice storm...


My windblown hair...


A couple of partridges in a pear tree... (okay, actually they were doves in a live oak tree...)


And a very helpful phoebe with an excellent sense of direction...


Our new furry family member, Piva...


And trips to Chicago...






And Hawaii...











And of course, Eric reminded us all why I am still mom and dad's favorite.


Happy 2008, everyone!! :)

No comments: