Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shhhhh... I'm reading...

Yes, I ran out as soon as I could yesterday and bought the new Harry Potter book. Well, actually, I made Rick go into the store and buy it... I didn't want to take the chance of accidentally hearing anyone talking about what happens. There have been spoilers all over the place, and people speculating about what might happen, and I didn't want to hear any of it before I had the chance to read the book myself. And apparently I'm not the only one: I read somewhere that people waiting in line to buy the book at its midnight release were wearing earplugs and headphones so they wouldn't hear anything they didn't want to hear. I'm betting a lot of people bought the book and immediately turned to the last page... but I've always been the kind of person who LIKES to be surprised now and then. I never look ahead when I read a book... I never even searched for my hidden Christmas presents when I was a kid. I much prefered the fun of not knowing what I'd be getting. Christmas morning is so much more exciting when you don't KNOW what's hidden beneath all that wrapping paper. So for the next few days, I shall be reading my Harry Potter book, and trying very hard to not hear or read anything I don't know yet. Which means I will NOT be Googling "Harry Potter" any time soon.

And why am I wasting my time writing a blog post? I have 700-something pages to read...

No comments: