Monday, January 14, 2008

Random question thing!

I love these random question things, because they give me something to talk about on days when I can’t think of anything else to talk about… :)

What is your occupation?

I think I’d like to be officially known as a writer/proofreader, although usually the “proofreader” label is the one that brings in the money… I’m thinking of going back to school and completely changing my major to something like biochemistry, so I can call myself a “scientist.” That just sounds important and impressive…

What color are your socks right now?

White… with gray toes and gray rings around the ankles and gray “gap” lettering on top. I guess I bought these socks at Gap…

What are you listening to right now?

The sound of one hand clapping… (Otherwise known as “nothing.” It’s actually very quiet in here right now… maybe TOO quiet… maybe I SHOULD be listening to something…)

What was the last thing you ate?

I had a cinnamon raisin English muffin for breakfast (and now I’m drinking cappuccino…).

Can you drive a stick shift?

Apparently I can, but only when it’s absolutely necessary – funny story… back when Rick and I first met, we drove up to Dallas one day in his truck, which was a standard. On our way back to Austin that night, he could NOT stay awake, and kept dozing off while he was speeding down I-35. He finally decided that I would have to drive the rest of the way, so he pulled off on the side of the highway and tried to explain to me how to drive a stick, which I’d never done in my life. And I should mention that he’d stopped the truck on a HILL, so every time I tried to get going, the truck would stall and Rick would yell at me and we’d have to start all over again. (Never ask Rick to be patient when he hasn’t slept in 24 hours. :)) Eventually I managed to get going, and I drove the rest of the way down I-35 until we reached Austin, and then I pulled off at a gas station so we could switch places and Rick could drive the rest of the way. And that was the one and only time I’ve ever actually “driven” a stick shift…

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Purple, of course.

Last person you spoke to on the phone?

My mom, when I impatiently demanded she come pick me up for a Starbucks run. (Actually, all I really have to do is say “hi” and mom automatically says, “coffee time?” Yeah, we’ve got the coffee routine down pat…)

How old are you today?

Um, TODAY I think I’ll be 25… But maybe I should go ask the people at Yankee stadium who were always trying to push the “free to kids 13 and under!” stuff on me when I was a couple years out of high school…

Favorite drink?

Not sure I HAVE a favorite drink… although obviously I love my coffee…

What is your favorite sport to watch?

Baseball… followed closely by football… (American football – not to be confused with soccer, which is about as interesting as watching a bunch of people running back and forth for three hours. Oh, maybe that’s because it IS just a bunch of people running back and forth for three hours… I honestly don’t understand why that sport is so popular in other parts of the world. Although it IS understandable why it’s so unbelievably exciting when someone scores a goal – because that means that something actually HAPPENED… The funny thing is that I always loved PLAYING soccer when I was a kid… it’s just not very fun to watch OTHER people playing it…)

Have you ever dyed your hair?

Nope – I actually rather like my natural hair color. It’s sort of like chameleon hair, anyway – it changes colors depending on how much time I’ve spent in the sun, or how long/short it is. People who haven’t seen me in a while tend to ask me if I’ve colored my hair, because apparently it always looks different. And if it always looks different anyway, why should I dye it? :)

Favorite reality TV show?

Well, I like American Idol… and as I’ve mentioned before, for some reason I always get addicted to America’s Next Top Model, even though it’s the dumbest show ever… ugh, I’m ashamed to even admit that… :)

What was the last movie you watched?

Let’s see… we watched Ocean’s 11 last week on mom and dad’s new HD television. The picture on that TV is great...

Favorite day of the year?

Favorite DAY? I don’t think I have a favorite day of the year…

What do you do to vent anger?

You know, I don’t really get “angry” all that often… but I guess when I want to vent, I tend to write long, rambling diatribes that I either send in email form to very good friends who are very understanding, or I simply save them in Word or delete them after I’ve written them…

What was your favorite toy as a child?

Hmmm… I’ll have to say my stuffed lamb, who I creatively named “Lamby.” I loved Lamby… she was not only a toy, but also a really great pillow…

What is your favorite, fall or spring?

When I lived up north, I probably would’ve said spring… but here in the south, I look forward to fall more…

Hugs or kisses?

Hugs… unless we’re talking about Hershey’s kisses? Yum…

Cherries or blueberries?

Cherries, cherries, cherries… I’d probably choose cherries over ANY fruit…

Do you want your friends to email you back?

Of course… nobody likes to be ignored… :)

Favorite dessert?

I don’t know, but whatever it is, it’s definitely made of chocolate…

Living arrangement?

I usually like to arrange myself somewhere in the family room, and Rick tends to arrange himself in the study… Echo is always arranged somewhere on the tile floor, and the cats are arranged on various couches and chairs…

When was the last time you cried?

I can’t remember… so I guess that’s good… I mean, if I’d said, like, “yesterday,” then that would mean I was really sad yesterday, and it would make me really sad to know I was really sad…

What is on the floor of your closet?

Um, some shoes, and a couple plastic bins mostly full of sweaters… the closet is actually much cleaner than it was a few months ago, because we cleaned it out when we put the house up for sale…

What did you do last night?

Nothing interesting…

Favorite smells?

Coffee… chocolate… coffee and chocolate mixed together… curry powder... and I love the coffee/book smell when you walk into Barnes and Noble...

Plain, cheese, or spicy burgers?

I don’t like burgers, because of my weird aversion to ground-up meat… but I do like Gardenburgers, and black bean burgers, both of which I’ll eat plain, with cheese, or spicy. It all sounds good…

Favorite breed of dog?

I’m rather partial to Shelties. :) They really ARE one of the smartest breeds of dogs I’ve ever encountered…

Favorite day of the week?

Um, I guess Fridays are good… but Thursdays are good, too, because it’s ALMOST Friday, plus we usually eat dinner over at Rick’s parents’ house so I don’t have to cook… :)

How many states have you lived in?

New York, New Jersey, Texas… three. And hopefully I’ll be adding Illinois to the list soon…

Celebrity crush?

Let’s see… Clive Owen… Naveen Andrews from Lost (I wish the writers would quit striking so we could have a whole season of Lost to look forward to…)… and I have to admit I have the teeeeensiest bit of a crush on Hugh Laurie from House. I think it’s because he has this amazing ability to totally eradicate his British accent for the show, and every time I hear him speak with his normal voice I’m like, “wow… he sounds like a completely different person.” Very intriguing…

Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery?

Does a car count as heavy machinery?

Who’s your favorite NFL team?

I guess I should say the Cowboys, even though they lost to the Giants yesterday. But to be honest, I don’t get into pro football as much as college football – I do like the Longhorns… and Rutgers…

Do you have a house phone that is not cordless?

Nope. Not since, oh, 1995?

10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather?

I get 100 degree weather all the time, so I would very much like to see the 10 inches of snow… :)

No comments: