Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Is everyone ready to eat ridiculous amounts of food?? :) Actually, I'm not -- I had every intention of bounding out of bed this morning at 4:50 so I could get in a few miles on the treadmill before heading into work (yes, when I work out in the morning I get up at 4:50... I am, obviously, insane). But I have been seriously tired this week... so I ended up sleeping right until the alarm went off at 5:30. I HATE waking up to a buzzing alarm -- and I can ALMOST always wake up without one, except when I'm really, really tired and haven't had nearly enough sleep. Which is apparently what happened this morning. So I'll have to TRY to get in a workout when I get home from work this afternoon... here's hoping I don't feel exhausted when I walk through my door...

We're actually having an early Thanksgiving this year -- dinner is tonight at my parents' house. Rick's sister Donna is in town JUST for today, so we moved the traditional Thursday dinner to Wednesday (is that even allowed?? Have we broken some cardinal rule of Thanksgiving???). Hence my disappointment with not fitting in a workout this morning -- I need a preemptive calorie burn. But I suppose sleep is important, too...

So in the spirit of the holiday, I thought I should list a few things I'm thankful for:

* Rick, who, for some reason, has put up with me over the last few months even though my new job has turned me into a crazy person. (Even more crazy than usual... I know that's hard to believe... :))

* My mom and dad and brothers... I DARE you to find a mom and dad who are as kind and generous and compassionate and awesome as mine... I dare you... I'll wait... (couldn't do it, could you? Didn't think so... :)) And of course I have to give a special bullet point to:

* Eric, the coolest brother in the entire known universe (and probably even in a few unknown universes, as well). I DARE you to find a brother as cool as mine... (forget it, you can't do it, so I'm not even waiting...)

(* This is not to say that Robert/Bob/Bobert/The Fish Whisperer is not also cool... and if he were here this week, you can bet I'd be thankful for whatever he was cooking for dinner... as long as it wasn't fish... just a disclaimer... :))

* My friends -- especially the ones who take the time to check this blog on a regular basis, even though I've been rather sporadic with the updates lately. Thanks, guys! :)

* My aforementioned insanity-inducing stress-filled job... I can't honestly say I'm always thankful for this one, because it has sapped my energy and increased my stress level about a hundredfold... but I definitely TRY to be thankful for it, because I was fortunate enough to actually GET a job at a time when so many people were LOSING theirs...

* My treadmill and my ability to actually USE it -- I am so thankful for my health and my love of workouts, and my ever-improving eating habits... I can only imagine how much MORE tired and stressed out I'd be if I never exercised and sat on the couch eating ding dongs when I got home from work... :)

* Coffee. Coffee is so great.

* And chocolate. Chocolate is great, too.

* And peppermint mochas at Starbucks -- I love those this time of year...

Okay, it seems my list is devolving into a love of coffee and chocolate (but let's face it, they are both quite vital to life... okay, MY life... :)), so I'm off for now. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!

4 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Hope you had a happy Turkey day today.

Also wanted to let you know that story that I wrote over the summer called "Psalm 23" is up at my other blog.

Thanks again for your help.

Lisa said...

Wow, great story, G! And thanks for the link. :)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Jannie Funster said...

Totally with ya on the coffee and chocolate!! Never found a treadmill I liked. Maybe the newer ones are softer on the joints?

So great to see you again over at Funsterland. I think of you often, wonder if I'll bump into you.

Happy post-Thanksgiving!!

xo

Lisa said...

Thanks, Jannie! Yeah, the newer treadmills are definitely better -- I have a Landice, which are a little more expensive than some of the treadmills out there... BUT, they have a lifetime guarantee. And they're a little bit springy when you walk on them, so they're easy on the joints. I LOVE mine. :) But I DO like to get outside once in a while, too, for a nice change of scenery! :)