Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pilfered pictures...

Happy weekend, everyone! I'm actually already looking forward to next weekend, because it's one of those elusive, sought-after three-day holiday weekends. Oh, Three-Day Holiday Weekend, how I love thee...

I've finally had some time to download the Hawaii pictures I stole from mom and dad's house while they were away a couple weeks ago. So here's the last batch of vacation pictures:

The view from the Beach Tree restaurant where we ate dinner a few times... I think dad must've taken this picture, because the horizon is a little crooked -- and dad has a habit of taking crooked-horizon pictures... ;)


This is what all of the hotel bungalows looked like. They kept everything very natural outside... lots of green and wood and lava rock...


Mom and dad...


Dad and me... this is when we stopped on the side of the road to get waterfall pictures...


Me and Rick and Eric and Debbie...


Aw... nice picture of Debbie and Eric... :)


Fairly decent picture of me and Rick... :) (Although I'm not a fan of the hair... mine, not Rick's... Rick's hair looks great...)


Aunt Carol found a little blue plastic shovel in one of the tide pools... score! :)


Every time we go to Hawaii, we have to seek out "Leilani" signs for mom... Hawaii is the only state where mom can go to Starbucks and they don't have to ask "how do you spell that??" when they put her name on her cup...


The whole group at breakfast...


I don't think I got any good sea turtle pictures while I was there -- so here's one from mom's camera...


Leilani sighting! (Fun fact: my grandfather played steel guitar and he and my grandmother loved Hawaiian music -- their favorite song was called "Sweet Leilani," and that's how mom got her name...)


Eric, Debbie, me and Rick at dinner one night. This table was literally steps from the beach, which was nice... but because of our proximity to all things outdoors, we had a slight flying roach issue... the food, however, (sans roaches) was very good...
 

The adorable shirtless Hawaiian guy who ran around the resort to light all the torches every evening... and I do mean RAN -- I believe Debbie had to actually shout at him to hold still so she and my mom could snap a few pictures. I wasn't there to take a shot myself, although I did happen to see him running down a path a day or two later, and apparently I stopped whatever I was doing to gawk at him... at least that's what I'm told... I'm not sure... you can ask Rick...


And this is what happens when you've been at the airport for a few hours with nothing to do, knowing you have a long journey home ahead of you... things start to get a bit strange... :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Regarding the picture of Debbie and Eric - NO, the flames are not coming out of their heads! :-)