Friday, October 28, 2011

A few random odds and ends...

I've been a bit of a blog slacker the last couple weeks... but if you'll notice, I am still going to end this year with more posts than I've had in the last three years. Which I consider a small victory. A strange victory, to be sure... but a victory, nonetheless.

So what's been going on the last few weeks? Well, I've finally decided to reveal to the world that I AM a vampire...

I actually TRIED to fix the glowing eyes in this picture, but apparently there is some kind of incompatibility between iPhone pictures and the photo software on my computer. The light reflecting off my huge pupils is bright enough to use as emergency illumination during a blackout... Anyway -- this was dinner with our friends Doug and Julie a couple weeks ago... and I believe it was the same day Rick decided to try an iPhone for the first time. Consequently, the following pics were all taken with an iPhone...

Have I mentioned that my little brother is about to be a dad??? That's crazy, seeing as I still have memories of us playing "let's jump off the four-foot-high porch while holding a blanket to see if it'll act as a parachute..." (I mean, c'mon, that was a fun game... and no one ever broke an ankle, so it's all good...) We went to a baby shower for Eric and Rachel last weekend:

Little bitty Yankee shirt...

Little bitty Rutgers socks and onesie... Yep, this kid is already a sports fan. :)

I think Eric really liked this little light-up seahorse toy... and since he's still afraid of the dark, that'll come in handy...


Last weekend we also had the chance to finally try Cite, which is a restaurant on top of Faisal's building. I've been wanting to try this place for a while, mainly because I miss the awesome city views I had at my last condo -- and Cite is on the 70th floor, surrounded by a circle of floor-to-ceiling windows. I could've gone up there to stare out the windows all night, and I would've been content...


I love this picture, because the lights inside the restaurant were reflecting off the glass, and they kind of make it look like aliens are landing in Chicago...


I guess that's it for now... hopefully I can be a better blogger throughout the month of November (which is sneaking up on me at a frighteningly swift velocity...). Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: