1. I am almost out of the coffee I brought back from Hawaii. Although this is obviously a tragedy, I am looking forward to stocking up on some of the holiday blends that are always offered by coffee shops this time of year. (By the way, it's also a tragedy that I live a block away from a Starbucks and have not yet walked down the street for a peppermint mocha this season...)
2. I awoke to the smell of road tar this morning. Somewhere around here, either a road is being paved or a roof is being tarred... I don't know which, but it's extremely annoying. I lit some scented candles hoping that would help, but I'm not sure it's made anything better. Now it just smells like road tar AND pumpkin pie spice. I'm very confused.
3. Also this morning, I awoke to find the almost-full roll of toilet paper completely unwound in a pile on the bathroom floor. Apparently Riff was bored last night. And, since there was so much paper left on the roll and I don't want to waste all of it, I now have a big pile of toilet paper sitting on the cabinet next to the toilet so I can just tear a few squares off when I need them. It's so classy. I feel like a Rockefeller or a Vanderbilt or a Kennedy... (or maybe a Kardashian?? That's probably more likely...)
4. I feel like I've lost a lot of my workout benefits this last month or so. I couldn't do any walking/running the week before I left for Hawaii because of my bruised toe/foot, and it was still pretty sore when we were in Hawaii. I didn't feel like really testing it out until after we got back home, and my first few workouts were really slow and tentative. I'm just now getting to where I'm comfortable with putting my full weight on my foot, but it seems like it's been forever since I had a really good workout. Oh well... good thing it's getting cold so I can hide the fact that I'm not working out as much and I'm drinking my weight in peppermint mochas... (just kidding... like I said, I haven't even had ONE yet...)
5. Seriously, I think invisible men are paving my living room -- I can't SEE them, but the smell of tar is so strong I have to assume they're here...
6. Can you believe Connor is now a year old?? This year went by so quickly... In fact, he's so old now that he's drinking coffee:
Okay, I'm off to give in to my tar-fume-fueled hallucinations... hope everyone has a good weekend...