Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Random stuff...

1. Question: How long does it take a crew to tar the roof of a condo building? Answer: Apparently approximately as long as it would take to walk the entire length of China... wearing only one shoe... carrying a very heavy backpack... dragging a wagon full of cement bricks... and stopping to take pictures along the way. In other words -- a really, really, really long time. WHY is it taking them so long to finish this project? I'm about to go fruitloopsnuttycrazyinsane from breathing in all these tar fumes. I seriously can't stand it much longer. They even worked on Saturday. Although they took Sunday off, and yesterday morning was rainy so they didn't work yesterday, either. Two glorious days of smelling NOTHING (except the pine-scented candles I've placed out for Christmas...).

2. I'm all ready for the Christmas cookie-baking season -- all stocked up on butter, eggs, sugar and colored sprinkles. Although I could probably use a bit more flour. Better to have too much than too little. And Eric would never forgive me if I ran out of flour mid-cookie-bake... that would be inexcusable...

3. I got my tree all set up over the weekend. By the way, do you know how difficult it is to put up a Christmas tree when you share space with (I won't say "own" because he would take exception to that) the world's most curious cat?? I have no fewer than five separate Riff scratches on my arms... he quite enjoyed jumping three feet straight off the floor to lunge at ornaments and garland. I'm just lucky he hasn't attempted to climb the tree yet...

4. A few pictures:






I think I need a few more red bows... next year... :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

You always do such a nice job decorating your tree. Can't wait to see it in person. (Providing Riff hasn't knocked it over.) :-)

P.S. Go stay at our condo if the tar smell gets really bad again.

Lisa said...

Thanks, mom! So far, it's still standing... :)

I THINK they're finally winding down the tar project -- the last couple days, it's been more intermittent instead of ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday, it was only bad in the morning, and then today, I didn't even smell anything until about 11 (the last two weeks, it's been pretty bad by 8 in the morning and lasts until around 4 or 5). So whatever they're doing, it's starting to be more sporadic...

But believe me, the thought of going to stay at your place crossed my mind more than once last week... :)