Friday, August 10, 2007

A cat by any other name...

Well, after much contemplation and several perusals through my extensive music dictionary, I think we’ve finally settled on the name Toccata for our new kitten. Rick wasn’t sold on “Dolce,” and he thought it sounded weird if you said it more than two or three times (Dolce, Dolce, Dolce, Dolce… hmmm… I dunno… maybe a little…). But I don’t want to write anything in stone just yet, seeing as we’re rather indecisive with this whole naming thing. (It really is a good thing we don’t have a kid… poor thing would be nameless for a year and half while we searched for something with the right “ring” to it…)

I managed to snap a few pictures of her under the futon – she’s gotten to the point where she’ll come out while I’m in the room, as long as I’m down at her level. Which means the only way to convince her it’s safe to emerge from underneath the furniture is to sprawl out on my stomach on the floor. I hope she starts getting a bit braver soon, because it’s not exactly the most comfortable way to hang out with her… :) But she’s been venturing further and further out into the room every day, so I figure it’s only a matter of time before she’ll come out while I’m SITTING on the floor, as opposed to lying on it…

Here are a few pictures:

Safe under the futon...


I figured out that the pictures I took without a flash looked better, but this one came out a little blurry because of the dark, under-futon lighting...


Starting to chill out a bit more...


Almost out from underneath the futon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! She is sooooo cute!! I miss her, but I'm glad she has a good home. I like the name Toccata. May I call her Toki (Tocci? Toci?) for short?

Love, Mom