Wednesday, August 01, 2007

That 70's baseball game...

My cold seems to be dissipating quite nicely. I’m feeling much better than I was over the weekend. (Over the weekend I felt like a million bucks. A million bucks that had fallen off a truck. Into a mud puddle. Where it had been repeatedly trampled by random pedestrians. And run into the ground by various fast-moving vehicles. And pecked at by scavenging birds. You know, THAT kind of million bucks…) But now I’m feeling more like, oh, ten bucks and pocket change… lying undisturbed on a coffee table. Is that a good analogy? Probably not… especially since I’m the one who wrote it, and it doesn’t even make sense to ME…

Okay, so maybe I’m not 100 percent back to normal yet. But I’m getting there. I’m feeling well enough that I’ll probably go ahead and work out this afternoon. I’ve been lounging around like a couch potato for the last five days, and I think it’s time to increase my activity again. Especially when dad is out there walking like 40 miles a week or something like that… I can’t believe I’m letting my dad get in more miles than me. I mean, I’m all young and sprightly, and dad is, well – remember that fateful movie he attended with Faisal a few years ago? I believe the teenage punk movie employee referred to him as “kind of elderly.” (Which is hilarious… I bet teenage punk movie employee couldn’t walk ONE mile a week, let alone 40… he’s probably too busy playing World of Warcraft on the computer in his mom’s basement…) Anyway, I’ll have to start adding miles to my weekly totals to try to catch up to dad.

So last night, I was sitting around wondering about the same thing I wonder about every night: What would Eric look like if he had a lot of hair and he was wearing a cheesy polyester circa-1970’s jacket? And lo and behold, the answer to my question appeared in the form of a picture message on my cell phone:


Apparently last night was 70’s Night at Wrigley Field (at least that’s the excuse Eric gave me for why he was dressed like this at a baseball game). And the Cubs won, which is good for Chicago, since the Yankees quite convincingly beat the White Sox 16-3 last night. (Of course, I would have liked it if the Cubs had won on Monday, too, when MY pitcher Ted Lilly was pitching. But whatever…)

I think I’ll go watch some reruns of the Brady Bunch…

No comments: