Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More random thoughts...

This morning I had to toss poor little Piva into a cat carrier and haul her off to the vet to be spayed. She was NOT happy about that. Actually, at first she didn’t seem to care that I was stuffing her into a tiny little box… and even after the door was closed, she silently sniffed around for a few moments before realizing I wasn’t going to let her out. And THEN she got upset. I hate taking animals to the vet… our pets trust us and love us unconditionally – so it’s heartbreaking when you can’t explain to them what’s going on, or why you’ve suddenly seemed to turn into a bad guy. But the great thing about pets is that they forgive and forget very quickly… so hopefully tomorrow Piva and I can put this whole ugly incident behind us…

Well, I must say that I am very, very disappointed in the Cleveland Indians. I thought Cleveland was supposed to rock… I was obviously sorely mistaken. (By the way, mom – I hope you called Mr. May and let him know how bad his team is… :)) I am now (temporarily) a Colorado Rockies fan. Although I would’ve been rooting for the Rockies even if Cleveland had won… but now that Boston is in the series, I’m REALLY rooting for the Rockies. So here’s hoping the entire Red Sox team develops some disorienting altitude sickness symptoms… even when they’re playing in Boston… :)

I just saw the weirdest commercial – it was for some kind of new cheese that contains “live and active cultures.” Like yogurt… it’s supposed to be good for the digestive system. Okay, whatever, that’s fine… that’s not the weird part. The commercial shows people munching their cheese cubes in various places – someone is sitting on their porch having a snack… another is eating in the kitchen. And then in the final shot, someone picks up a beach tote with a package of cheese cubes poking out the top and strolls down the beach. Because obviously one of the first things that comes to mind when we think of the beach is “cheese.” I mean, I know I love to pack a bunch of cheese cubes to take with me when I’m going to be laying out in the hot sun for a couple hours – swimsuit? Check. Flip flops? Check. Beach towel? Check. Big ol’ bag of cheese? Check. (Do advertising agencies even THINK before they create these things? Who takes cheese to the beach?? Or does EVERYONE take cheese to the beach, and I’m totally missing out on something? Guess we should pack some cheese to take with us to Kauai…)

So I believe I’m coming down with a cold – probably the same one Rick just got over. My normally super-strong immune system has been rather lackluster lately. I just had a cold a few months ago. I rarely get more than one cold in a year, so this is strange. I believe Rick is trying to pay me back for that cold from a few months ago, which I contracted first and then quickly passed along to him… so now he’s returning the favor…

It’s actually been COOL here the last couple days… it’s only 56 degrees right now, and sunny with cloudless blue skies – this is the perfect kind of autumn day that we rarely see here in Austin. It actually FEELS like October for the first time all month. It makes drinking cups of hot chocolate and watching TV underneath a fuzzy blanket seem season-appropriate. (Otherwise, I have to turn the A/C way down and waste energy, and Rick hates that… :))

I guess that’s all for today… I need to go put my cheese in my suitcase… I don’t want to forget to pack it for Hawaii…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think even Dad would agree: cheese tastes better in Hawaii....