Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bad blogger...

Yes, I've been the WORST blogger lately... along with the fact that annual report season at work pretty much turned my brain to mush (therefore rendering all creativity inaccessible), I've been having difficulty finding the TIME to sit down and write. I have to be honest -- the last few months have been very disheartening to me. I feel like I have no LIFE anymore -- every day is just rush, rush, rush, work, rush, rush, rush, sleep, repeat the next day. But I guess this IS life -- it's only the lucky few who can escape the drudgery. And of course I shouldn't complain -- there are a lot of people out there who NEED jobs right now and can't find any... so I should be thankful for what I have...

But enough about that. :) I've actually been half-wanting to start a NEW blog -- one solely devoted to health/food/working out. (But that would probably require an amount of time of which I am obviously not in possession at the moment...) I just started a new workout program to mix things up with my daily exercise -- while I absolutely LOVE my treadmill, I think it's a good idea to do something a little more challenging now and then. Supposedly there's this thing called "muscle memory," which is when your muscles become accustomed to whatever you normally do, and they actually "anticipate" the movement. So they don't have to work as hard as they used to. So your workout is a bit less effective than it once was...

Enter the aptly named "Insanity" workout. And if the last week is any indication, Insanity is pretty much a 60-day bootcamp, guaranteed to make you sweat a whole lot and possibly yell at the very mean instructor inside the television. But I love a good challenge, so I'm determined to stick it out for the 60-day duration. I've been working out in the afternoon for the past week, which I think might be the better schedule with these workouts -- I'm not sure I can summon the energy I need first thing in the morning...

And that is the only reason I'm still awake and blogging right now -- because I'll be "sleeping in" until about 5:30 tomorrow morning instead of getting out of bed by 4:45 to hit the treadmill. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me THAT much more time, so I'll have to sign off for now.

Hopefully I can return to "good blogger" status soon... :)

2 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

If you started getting up at 4:00, you'd have plenty of time to blog.

(My word verification is "rearsies" - sounds like something your insanity workout will be targeting.)

Lisa said...

LOL!!! I'm pretty sure my workout IS targeting my rearsies... which is good, because it needs some work. :)

But I don't think I'll be getting up at 4:00 any time soon... :)