Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sometimes...

You've just gotta make cookies...


I haven't made cookies in a looooooong time. I think that's mostly because I tend to eat way too many of them at one time...

This was a new recipe I just found -- it calls for browning the butter before mixing the ingredients together. You melt the butter in a skillet first, and then swirl it around in the pan (so it doesn't burn) until it turns golden and smells like caramel. The process was a bit more complicated than my usual "throw all the ingredients into a bowl" recipe, and it remains to be seen (or tasted) whether the extra effort was worth it. I mean, my own cookie recipe (which I've perfected after years of trial and error and taste-testings) is pretty darn good, so these will have to be something rather special in order for me to make them more often than my usual recipe.

At the moment, however, the last thing I want is a cookie -- we just got back from dinner at Jasper's, where they had a new molten chocolate cake on the dessert menu. It had to be sampled, of course. I believe it's a law that any new chocolate item on a restaurant menu must be consumed immediately. Hey, I don't make the rules...

Cookies will have to wait until tomorrow...

Yeah, sometimes I take pictures of myself in the bathroom mirror, too... don't we all? (Oh, no? Just me? Ah, well... I had to do SOMEthing while I was waiting for the cookies to bake... :))

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

But most people when they take a picture of themselves in the bathroom mirror make sure to at least get part of their face in the picture. :D

Lisa said...

Yeah, but look at that great camera! :)