Monday, October 25, 2010

Some random stuff...

Happy Monday, everyone! Normally I wouldn't be quite so chipper on a Monday, but this is my LAST WEEK of work!! (Oh my gosh, I just realized that in a week, I'll be able to sleep past 5:30 on Monday morning... I. Can. Not. Wait. :)) And then we will commence with the mad dash to pack up and move... the next few weeks are going to be veeeeery interesting...

Craziness abounds at the moment, so here are some random thoughts that I plucked from my discombobulated mind:

Hey, look at that -- I managed to post 8 times in a month again! Who's impressed? Anyone?? Anyone at all?? No? Just me, then? Okay...

So is it silly that since Rachel mentioned the Trader Joe's near our temporary apartment, that I'm even MORE excited to live there for a little while? 600 square feet? Ha! Bring it on... :) Seriously, I've wanted to visit a Trader Joe's for the longest time -- I read a bunch of healthy living/food blogs and people are constantly mentioning the various items they've bought at Trader Joe's. And I'm always like, "why can't we get one of those HERE??" What, because Whole Foods started in Austin, they've got a monopoly on the market market? (Yes, I DID say the "market market"...) By the way, a quick internet search for "Trader Joe's Austin" brought up a "petition to bring Trader Joe's to Austin." So I'm not the only person who wishes there was one in this city...

I just realized that I have yet to tell the harrowing tale of the Ugly Naked Tourist: When we were in Chicago last week, we stayed in a hotel with a view of the hotel across the street. The morning that we left, I noticed there was a meeting room on the third or fourth floor of the hotel, and a bunch of people were gathered around a conference table (looking rather bored, if you ask me). We went to breakfast, came back, and they were still there... an hour later, STILL there. I was starting to feel really sorry for these people stuck in the seemingly endless meeting. So right before we checked out, I decided to look out my window once more and see if they were still in the meeting. The rest went something like this:

Now where was that conference room? The fourth floor? I think it's somewhere near that guy with the towel... wait... what is he doing with that towel? Wait, wait WAIT -- what's underneath the towel??? Is he... is that guy... no, don't move the towel! Don't move the towel!! Oh nononononononono... 

Me: Nooooooo...

Rick: What's the matter? 

Me: Uhh, is that guy standing in the window across the street naked??? 

Rick (after a cursory glance): Yup.

Me (Running from window and covering my eyes): EEEEEEEWWWW... EWEWEWEWEWEWEW!!! 

Rick thought perhaps the guy was under the impression that his window was tinted, but when I told Eric about it, he said it was probably some weirdo exhibitionist. Which, I think, makes it even worse, because apparently he was standing there HOPING some unsuspecting girl in the hotel across the street would notice him. Ughhh... ick...

And oh yeah, those people were STILL stuck in that meeting... :)

No comments: