Monday, October 18, 2010

Soon to return...

We're leaving Chicago this afternoon, after a much-too-quick condo-searching expedition. We also had the chance to hang out with Dave and Faisal this weekend -- I hadn't seen either one of them in... years? I think? A really, really long time, anyway. And I'm still amazed by how much food Dave manages to eat... I think he may have four stomachs... like a cow. Yeah. Dave MIGHT be part cow. Just sayin'... :) And we got a chance to see Faisal's new place in the city (getting to it was quite the adventure -- perhaps when I have more time I can describe our journey in detail), which has an AWESOME view and tons of light. As someone whose mood is directly affected by sunlight, I was impressed by the amount of luminosity. However, I didn't spend enough time there to comment on the comfortability... maybe another time...

We found a few condos we're very interested in, so now we have millions of little details to work out so we can figure out when/what to put an offer on. It seems to be complicated, judging from the phone calls Rick has been making this morning... but hopefully in another month or so, we'll have a solid plan in place...

I'm always sad to leave Chicago, but perhaps this time it'll be sliiiiightly easier to get on that plane back to Austin, since I know that the moment I get back home I'll be hard at work getting ready to move. (Cleaning... so much cleaning... so... much... cleaning...)

See you back in Austin....

No comments: