Monday, June 13, 2011

Okay, Chicago...

Veeeeery funny.

You knew that one of the reasons I was looking forward to living here was because I could escape the myriad of allergies Austin threw at me every year. Finally, I would be free of the scourge that is "Cedar Fever," knowing that my winter would not be spent in frustrating annoyance; my itchy throat, scratchy eyes, and endless sneezes alleviated only by copious amounts of Benadryl. No, no -- cedar is practically non-existent here in Chicago, and is found only in the places it SHOULD be found: closets and hope chests.

But then you -- tricky, sneaky Chicago -- decided to blindside me with your OWN (and completely unnecessary, I might add) allergens. Grass? Molds? Random dust (as it DOES seem like my condo accumulates dust far more quickly than my house in Austin ever did)?? What are you aiming at me, Chicago??? And what did I ever do to you?

So now, as I sneeze and cough my way through spring, I'm wondering which is worse -- Cedar Fever, or Mysterious Chicago Allergen Malady...

Then again, this COULD be a cold. If that's the case, Chicago, you may disregard this message. But I'm suspicious. Highly suspicious...

And, by the way, random comment: Has anyone noticed that I've now surpassed both my 2009 and 2010 posting totals -- and we're not even halfway through the year?? (Nevermind the fact that half of those posts have been pictures of the Chicago skyline... they still count... right? :))

No comments: