Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday random stuff...

Today IS Tuesday, right? I had to think about that for a minute before I wrote it...

Well, mom and dad have been introduced to Connor, and I don't think Rachel and Eric will ever be getting him back. If they want to see him again, they'll have to have another baby, so mom will switch back and forth. Otherwise, mom is going to be holding him indefinitely...

I have decided that I really need to order some throw pillows and maybe a table runner from World Market. I need to get this condo looking more "put-together" than it is now. I will excuse myself for the fact that the box containing the Christmas tree has been sitting by the hall closet for a couple of months... because we'll actually be using that in a few weeks, anyway. So I can SORT of justify the fact that I haven't bothered to drag that box down to storage -- I'd only have to drag it back up again, anyway. But there are still so many other areas of the condo that need to be straightened up or spruced up or tidied up or otherwise up-ed... I figure throw pillows and table runners are a good place to start...

Speaking of Christmas -- as usual, the Christmas commercials on television started way too soon. I think I even saw a few BEFORE Halloween this year. And don't get me wrong -- I LOVE the Christmas season. But when it seems to last for a quarter of the year, it sort of makes it seem less festive and special. I wish advertisers could hold off until at least a week or so before Thanksgiving. Personally, I think that's a good point to start the immersion of holiday songs/decorations/food/etc. (Although I have to be honest... I HAVE listened to Christmas music a couple times lately when I've been on the treadmill... but I've been tempering it with a good dose of Indian music and random pop tunes. Come to think of it, my workout playlists have been quite eclectic the last couple weeks...)

So the other night, Rick and I were sitting on the couch watching TV, and apparently an accident occurred a block away at the corner of Ohio and Orleans -- we somehow managed to miss it, even though we have a clear view of the intersection. But we heard the sirens of an ambulance and a firetruck, which stopped alongside the accident to offer assistance. It looked like a cab ran a light and broadsided another car. Someone from the back of the cab was loaded into the ambulance, a few cops and firefighters stood around and talked for a few minutes, and then everyone dispersed -- leaving the two damaged cars sitting on the side of the road for the tow truck. Well, about an hour later, we heard MORE sirens, and ANOTHER ambulance and firetruck stopped in the exact same location -- we're guessing that someone saw the disabled cars on the side of the road, assumed the accident had just occurred, and called it in. I couldn't help but laugh -- I could only imagine the reaction of the emergency workers when they peered into the cars, only to find them empty. Needless to say, after that, a police car with flashing lights was parked next to the accident until the tow truck arrived...

Well, I'm off to work out... where I'll possibly be listening to Christmas music... but maybe not... :)   


2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Way too early to be listening to Christmas music right now, so I'll be troll YouTube for some good old fashioned anti-Christmas music. :D

That's too funny about the car accident. What makes it even funnier is that the police dispatcher apparently didn't realize that an accident was already reported and taken care of a few hours earlier.

Lisa said...

Yeah, I couldn't help but laugh when the new firetruck and ambulance pulled up. (I felt sort of bad for laughing about an accident, but since it was obvious that no one was seriously injured, I figured it was okay... :))