Monday, March 12, 2012

He's my new assistant...

Finished up another day of freelance work... I love the flexibility of working from home, but it does have its disadvantages, as well. For instance, this is how Riff decided to "help" me this afternoon:


I've decided that attempting to work with rambunctious cats in the house is kind of like attempting to work with a toddler in the house. There's a lot of sighing... and close calls with potentially spilled coffee cups... and many times when the words, "no, don't do that!" come out of my mouth... and struggles to find some other activity that will hold the little ones' attention. Fortunately, nap time for cats is much longer than nap time for toddlers. (Although obviously Riff's nap time needed to be relocated to the couch...)

Speaking of Riff -- he's found this new game that he just loves. He'll hide underneath a chair when I'm in Rick's study, and then when I come out and walk past the chair, he leaps out and grabs my legs with his front paws. And he'll do it over and over again -- if I go back into the study, he hides under the chair again and jumps out at me as soon as I walk past the chair. That cat is hilarious... and slightly crazy... but there's never a dull moment when Riff is around...

Well, that's enough words and reading for today -- I'm off to make tea and watch some shows that don't require brain power...

No comments: