Thursday, March 29, 2012

I should probably eat a lot of chocolate, too...

My Apple computer is even cooler now than it was a few days ago. Check it out:

Yep, I got a sweet purple cover for it. (Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's cool... :))

We've had no food in the house for the last couple days, having eaten everything up before we left for Austin. And Rick has been busy with the new job, so we haven't made any grocery runs lately. (And yes, I COULD, theoretically, walk the eight blocks to the Jewel Osco and buy a few things on my own... but I'd only be able to bring three, four bags at the most back with me... and we need more than that. I suppose I could also DRIVE myself to the Dominick's not too far from here... but don't get me started on the topic of me and driving. I'm weird. Have I mentioned that??) Where was I? Oh yes... we have no food. So we walked down to P.F. Chang's the other night for dinner...

I'm not usually a huge fan of P.F. Chang's, but when we were in Austin, we met our friends Bill and Marcia for dinner at Maggiano's (which is Italian, not Chinese, but hang with me here...), and they ordered fried zucchini. I'd never tried fried zucchini before, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. This started a conversation between us and our friends about fried vegetables in general (frying makes everything taste better, right? :))... and at some point, Rick mentioned the fried green beans at P.F. Chang's. And from that moment on, I was struck with a fried green bean craving. So as soon as we got back to Chicago and I realized we had no food, I suggested P.F. Chang's. Which I hardly ever suggest. But I really wanted some fried green beans...

And after our oh-so-healthy dinner (hey, they're vegetables... they're good for you), we received the requisite fortune cookies with our check. I opened mine first:


Well THAT sounds rather ominous... And then Rick opened his:


So wait a minute -- apparently my own death is imminent, but once I'm gone, things will be all rainbows and puppies and daffodils for Rick?? Well... that just doesn't seem fair...

At least I survived long enough to hang out at Eric's place a couple nights ago so I could retrieve my house keys from him. Well, that was the excuse I gave him for going over to his place... really, I just wanted to see this guy:

Cutest. Baby. Ever. (Okay, so I'm probably biased... but still... :))

And now, I'm off to enjoy some coffee in my favorite mug... because if those P.F. Chang's fortune cookies are accurate (and why would I have a reason to doubt a P.F. Chang's fortune cookie??), I need to drink as much coffee as possible while I still have a chance...


No comments: