Sunday, April 08, 2012

Weekend random stuff...


"It means," said Aslan, "that though the Witch knew the Deep Magic, there is a magic deeper still which she did not know. Her knowledge goes back only to the dawn of Time. But if she could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

A great Easter allegory from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis... :) Happy Easter! 

So did everyone have a decent week? Mine was quiet, mostly because Rick traveled to Portland and Seattle this week for his new job. So I was on my own for a few days... but for some reason, I'm a strange person who actually enjoys solitude now and then. Maybe I should've been some kind of monk... taken a vow of silence (noooooo problem there -- I would OWN that vow of silence thing)... spent time reflecting on life (or whatever it is monks reflect on)... eaten lots of chocolate (what? Monks don't eat lots of chocolate?? Okay, never mind... forget THAT...).

We went to see 21 Jump Street Friday night with Faisal... who, incidentally, is acquainted with pretty much every television show that aired in the 80s... even weird, obscure ones like Killer Ice Cream Cones From Mars and My Friend the Helicopter. Okay, there's a possibility that I'm making up these titles. (Although I'm pretty sure I recall that he mentioned some 80s show about a helicopter once...)

Speaking of Faisal, I managed to convince him to supply me with some more songs to support my Indian music addiction (did I mention we just saw 21 Jump Street? I'm stuck on drug metaphors at the moment...). Several of them were immediately stuck in my head, but this one has been steadily growing on me over the last few days (plus, I really appreciate the addition of the lyrics in this video... I always look up the lyrics to these songs, even though I don't comprehend any of the words...)--


Now, can someone explain to me why this was going on at the Catholic church across the street from us this morning --


One boy is juggling, and the little group behind him is playing various instruments. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the unicycle (yes, there was a UNICYCLE), or the beginning of this little scene when the boy was juggling swords. Swords. He was juggling swords. ??????? Is there some sort of Easter Circus tradition that I'm unaware of?? I will say this: that kid could JUGGLE.

And finally, here's a picture of some of the spring color that has recently appeared in the courtyard of the building across the street:

Hope everyone has a good week...

2 comments:

Rick said...

Airwolf... The show was called Airwolf.

Aunt Carol said...

I think they were singing about fluffy hair.