Friday, April 27, 2012

Random Friday stuff...

*I'm watching Tron on one of the movie channels (the new one, not the old one... I've still never seen the old Tron...). Lately I get sucked into this movie every time it's on (hmmm... not unlike how Sam gets sucked into the cyber realm at the beginning of the movie), and lately, that's about every two days or so. They've been airing this movie a lot... Rick watched it a couple weeks ago and pointed out the fact that Jeff Bridges has amazing hair -- seriously, have you seen this guy's hair?? There's a scene at the end of the movie in slow-motion, where the wind is blowing and Jeff Bridges' hair is waving around like a lush field of coconut-oil-conditioned wheat...


Marvel... marvel at my head of awesome hair... (That's what I imagine he's saying at this point...)

*Mom and dad head back to Austin today... and while I'm sad to see them go, it's probably good that I can return to eating lettuce leaves and celery sticks now. (Okay, I'll probably eat a little bit more than that... but I've eaten far too many cupcakes over the last few weeks... :))

*But speaking of eating cupcakes -- I have been striving to increase the distance and speed of my treadmill workouts for the last couple of months. I've been working out regularly for years and years, but I've NEVER been much of a "runner"... I've never even been close to a "jogger." Even in high school, I would struggle to finish a mile on the track in 12 or 13 minutes. I was always the LAST kid to cross the finish line, except for the handful of kids who were exempt from running due to asthma or just being overweight (seriously -- I remember some fat kid who never had to run... shouldn't the fat kids ESPECIALLY have to run??). Needless to say, running on the track was pretty much my LEAST favorite thing to do in gym class... well, except for volleyball... and baseketball... and softball... (I went to school to LEARN stuff, not to work out, okay???)

But I digress... my point is, I've been slowly increasing my speed and distance. A couple days ago, I did 5.87 miles in an hour... which averages to a 10.2 minute mile. Still not impressive by "runner" standards, but way better than anything I was ever able to achieve in high school. My next goal is to get to an even 6 miles in an hour... And this is all so I can keep eating cupcakes. Lots and lots of cupcakes. (That's a joke... sort of... :))

*That's about all I've got for today. But here's a cute picture of Connor just for fun:


Hope everyone has a good weekend...

No comments: