Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Curiosity only kills cats, right?

I just read that the giant Marilyn Monroe statue on Michigan Avenue is about to be moved to a new city, and will only be around for a few more days. Rick and I have walked past it several times, usually on our way home from Millennium Park or when we've been out wandering aimlessly on a weekend walk around the city. It's the famous "standing over a subway grate" pose:


And every time we walk past it, I say that I want to walk underneath it, so I can see if she's wearing underwear. (Oh c'mon -- you KNOW you want to know... I mean, she's like 30 feet tall -- does Victoria's Secret even carry her size?? And if she's not wearing underwear, what's going on under that dress? Is it like a smooth plastic Barbie doll? Or is it... uh... well, never mind, but you know you're curious, too, so just shut up...)

I guess, according to these guys in an AP news story photo, SOMEthing is going on under there:

But every time I say I want to walk underneath it, Rick tells me not to. I can't believe HE doesn't want to know what's going on within those flouncing fabric pleats... And now Marilyn is moving to a new city, so unless we take a walk over by Michigan Avenue within the next few days, I may never know for sure...

I guess Victoria can still keep a FEW secrets... 

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha, ha, I think the first thing I would have done is walk underneath and have a look, even though Marilyn is really not my type. ;)

Mom said...

You know Rick wants to walk under it, too. He just doesn't want anyone to see him do it. Maybe you guys should go over at night and take a flashlight. :-)

G. B. Miller said...

This would be the ultimate application of the National Enquirer's old catch phrase back when they used to advertise on t.v.:

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bulldog said...

Sorry to spoil everyone's daydreams, but it's granny panties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwQtPwEG0nQ