1. I am writing this while simultaneously tossing Riff's deconstructed green mouse toy across the room... repeatedly... this cat loves to play fetch.
2. We ate breakfast at Brunch this morning (actually, I guess it would be more accurate to say we ate brunch at Brunch -- I had standard breakfast fare, but Rick decided to partake of a wedge salad... not exactly classic breakfast food...). I love the coffee mugs at Brunch, because they've all been donated from random places and no two are alike. This morning, my mug wished me a Happy Hanukkah:
3. Any minute now, the remnants of Hurricane Issac should be pouring rain into the Chicago vicinity. Rick is quite excited about this. Me, not so much. But I am grateful for my corner-unit condo with all of its big windows -- even on cloudy days, there is lots of light in here...
4. It took me until mid-morning to realize that today is September 1st. Summer really is almost over... and while I DO love summer, I also love changing seasons and I'm looking forward to autumn -- it's one of the reasons I wanted to move up here. I like a place with an actual summer, fall, winter and spring. Austin has two seasons: warm, and really super crazy warm. (Okay, sometimes in the winter it'll lean towards cool... for about two weeks... and then it goes back to warm.) Today is also the first day of college football... this might be my favorite time of year for sporting events -- football is starting, and baseball is getting more exciting as the pennant race heats up. (Speaking of which -- I'm getting a bit worried about the Yankees... they are in a perilous first-place position at the moment...)
5. My plans for the rest of the day consist of taking the recycling downstairs, going out for coffee, grocery shopping, possibly working out (unless grocery shopping counts as a workout??), cooking something for dinner with said groceries, and then probably sitting around like a lazy person for the rest of the evening. (By the way, why do I let the recycling pile up for so long? I mean, the recycling bins aren't THAT far away... just four floors down in the parking garage... all I have to do is grab my pile of glass and plastic and hop on the elevator. And yet there it sits, next to the front door, collecting dust... I suppose you should refer back to that part about me sitting around like a lazy person...)
6. Hope everyone has a good Labor Day weekend!