Tuesday, February 06, 2007

So they DO have vending machines in LA...

Feeling much better today… all the achy muscles are gone… well, they’re not “gone” – I still have all my muscles. They just don’t hurt anymore. And, as further proof of my well-being, it is now about 12:30 and I’ve already accrued 4,450 steps today. I seem to be really fortunate in my ability to ward off colds and flu… I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I’m constantly walking…

So Eric just text messaged me a picture of his (late) breakfast – he was eating “crunchy French toast” at a place called Nookies, which is not his usual breakfast haunt. Usually he’s at the Pancake House every day, where they know him by name and know to bring him a glass of half OJ/half grapefruit juice, and know he likes the French toast with a bowl of fruit on the side (right, Eric? Isn’t that what you usually order?). So if the Pancake House people find out about this traitorous foray into the underbelly of the Chicago breakfast scene, they will NOT be happy…

And speaking of food… last night on 24, someone finally, at last, uttered those two little words I’ve been so longing to hear from a 24 character: “I’m hungry.” And then something about “I think I saw a candy machine outside.” I was so excited – would we finally, after months and months of on-air fasting, get to see someone eat? Apparently not… because no one ever actually made it to that elusive candy machine. But I have hope now – I’ve seen proof that people on 24 DO, in fact, feel hunger at lunchtime, just like normal people. It’s only a matter of time before we meet Bertha, CTU’s resident cafeteria lady… Also on last night’s episode, Chloe scowled a lot, people called cell phones a lot, Jack yelled at his brother a lot, and then his dad the-farmer-from-Babe killed his own son. And I’m still trying to figure out how the talking pig fits into all this…

Well, it’s about 3 o’clock now (got distracted by other things in the middle of blog-writing…) and my step count is up to 8,230… I seem to have run out of interesting things to say. That’s assuming, of course, that I ever actually say anything interesting…

I think I’ll go make French toast…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I guess I just don't understand how people still watch TV shows that they don't seem like they like all that much.
I'm sure Rick would love for you to start watching something more realistic with him....like Battlestar Gallactica maybe? There's REALISM for you!
Love Always, Jack.

Lisa said...

Aw, c'mon Jack -- you know I only write stuff like that so you'll leave me comments. It's been so slow around here lately... ;)

Anonymous said...

At least spell Battlestar Galactica correctly...

If I have to pronounce Scott Cashmere's name correctly, you should also be subject to the same rules in regards to spelling... :)