Friday, February 16, 2007

The waiting game...

So did everyone hear about the peanut butter tainted with salmonella? It’s apparently found in two different brands – Peter Pan, and some other kind I’ve never heard of (so the name escapes me at the moment). I read the warning from the FDA yesterday, and it said to look for a number printed on the lid – if it begins with “2111,” your jar of peanut butter may be tainted. So I went to the pantry and pulled out my jar of Peter Pan, and lo and behold – there was a 2111 staring back at me from the top of the lid. Of course, this was the same jar of peanut butter I’d already eaten out of several times, with no ill effects whatsoever. But I still felt compelled to throw the rest of it away. Maybe I just hadn’t eaten ENOUGH… maybe it WAS tainted with salmonella, but I hadn’t eaten it in amounts that would make me sick. Maybe if I’d gone on some sort of peanut butter binge, I would have ingested enough bacteria to create a little evil salmonella troupe in my digestive tract. That would not have been good…

I’m sitting here waiting for the DHL guy to show up to pick up a package. Rick ordered a new computer and monitor, and when the monitor was delivered, it had a big crack on the side of it. So Rick talked to customer support and they sent out a new one right away. So the DHL guy was back yesterday, with the new monitor, and a comment about, “you got another one, huh?” And now he’s supposed to show up again today, to pick up the defective monitor and ship it back. I don’t like practically being on a first name basis with the DHL guy…

But he has failed to show up so far, even though the last two days, he’s been in the neighborhood at around 11 o’clock in the morning. I don’t know what’s taking him so long today… I’ve just been waiting around and taking random pictures for the fun of it:



Writing and waiting for someone to ring the bell...




Echo napping... she's pretty much deaf now, so it's easy to sneak up on her...



But she's not blind, so I think the flash woke her up...



A dove tile and a bottle of olive oil in my kitchen...



My front door...




Bored with waiting for DHL guy...




So hopefully he’ll be here soon, so I can get the big cardboard box out of the foyer… it’s kinda in the way…

No comments: