Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More random Hawaii pictures...

Dad gave me a DVD of all his Hawaii pictures, so here are a few from his collection:


Rick, getting ready to snap a picture...


Rick's mom (in the pink shirt) taking a picture of my dad, who was taking a picture of everyone else. Those signs beyond the rock wall say all kinds of things like, "Uneven terrain! Don't go any further! Rocky ground! Danger, danger, Will Robinson!" but dad, always up for a challenge, jumped right over the wall to see how far he could venture out...


Rainbow outside mom and dad's hotel room -- they had a great view of the ocean from their balcony.


Me, hanging out in the rental car on one of our stops where it was particularly windy. I kept getting sand blown in my eyes, and I'm always paranoid about ending up with another corneal ulcer... (Rick, of course, likes to brag about how he got lasik and now his eyes are perfect and if I got it, too, then I wouldn't have to worry about my contact lenses trapping sand underneath them...)


A McDonald's where we stopped for lunch one day -- that's a waterfall over on the left. I wonder if any other McDonald's in the country have waterfalls, or if that's only in Hawaii...


The reason I didn't want to go swimming the last day we were on the beach. I don't know if that sign had already been out and I hadn't noticed it, or if they just put it out that day. But judging from all the other swimmers in the ocean, no one had encountered any jellyfish yet (but I still wasn't sure I wanted to risk it... I'm such a wimp...)...


A great shot of my hair -- check out how shiny it is. Seriously, I must use some kind of great conditioner. That is really shiny hair. (Actually, I think dad was trying to get that bird perched on the chair right behind me...)

Here's another picture of me and my hair... notice the movement as I whip my head around to look to the left...

And here's a picture of me flinging my hair behind my shoulders. No frizz and no split ends... ask me about my conditioner. (I'm kidding... I just thought it was funny that there were so many pictures of my hair in motion...)


Mom at dad at one of our stops along the highway...


The tiny island of Mokolii... Rick and I later discovered that it's also known as "the Chinaman's Hat."


Looking up through the atrium at the hotel...


Sunset from mom and dad's hotel balcony...

Ozzie hanging out in mom's suitcase after they got home -- I think this is his way of saying, "you are not allowed to leave again." Or perhaps, "you can leave, but I'm going with you..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Lisa. I think my favorite picture is the Hula Pie. YUM

Lisa said...

Thanks! Yeah, that Hula Pie was soooooo good... :)