Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Watch out for those puddles...

We're hanging out in our Chicago hotel room for a little while before dinner -- we're meeting Eric at one of his favorite steak places later on. It's been very gray and cloudy and rainy/snowy since we've been here, and they're forecasting more winter weather overnight. It's supposed to start snowing any second now... and it's supposed to KEEP snowing all day tomorrow. Good thing we brought the MDX with the 4-wheel-drive...

We went out looking at condos this afternoon, just in case we do end up moving eventually. We saw a few places we really liked, and we have a couple more appointments set up for tomorrow. I'm really glad I made a last-minute decision to pack a pair of knee-high boots that fit over my jeans -- we've been parking along so many dirty snow-covered curbs and splashing through slushy puddles everywhere we've gone. If I'd only brought the pair of sneakers I was wearing the day we arrived (a day when I accidentally stepped ankle-deep in one of those cold, dirty, slushy puddles), I'd be pretty miserable right now. Actually, I probably would've run out to the nearest department store and bought any pair of boots that fit...

A couple pictures...

This was when we were driving in on Sunday -- it was sunny and clear when we left St. Louis, but it quickly turned into a drive through a seemingly never-ending fog bank...

Our hotel room -- we decided to try a new place this time around, and I think it's our new favorite hotel in Chicago...

Eric's street the other night, when it was snowing... only a few inches fell that night, so I may have to take some more pictures tomorrow if we get as much as the weather forecasters are predicting...

No comments: