Monday, May 12, 2008

A few random pictures...

I haven't done a random picture post in a while -- and I just found some pictures from Kauai that I never downloaded to my computer, so I thought I'd post a couple (along with a few I'm pretty sure I've already posted, but maybe not...). And I threw in a few more random shots, just for the fun of it...

I'm pretty sure I HAVE posted this picture of one of the birds at our hotel in Kauai, but I really like it so I thought I'd post it again. :)


A great shot of a wave breaking near shore...


We saw this sign describing "Red-footed Boobies" one day, and all the guys were so excited, because it meant they could talk about "boobies" for the rest of the trip and pretend it wasn't because they were immature...


A lighthouse on the north shore of Kauai... that's me in the pink and Debbie in the red...


I took this shot of the lighthouse with the sun behind it, and suddenly everyone ELSE started taking the same picture because they thought it looked cool. I am SUCH a trendsetter...


Me at Waimea Canyon with the cheap purple sunglasses I bought after one of the lenses popped out of my "expensive" pair. And I actually ended up liking the cheap purple ones... (except for the fact that they pinch my head if I wear them too long...)


A picture of dad taking a picture of the canyon...


Obviously not Hawaii... but a great shot of the Chicago skyline from Lincoln Park...


Have I mentioned that Piva loves to burrow? She's like part groundhog or something... this is what she does when anything is piled on the bed -- blankets, clothes, towels... she'll find a way to burrow into the middle of them...


And THIS is what happens when we've been on a vacation for a while -- the cats have to sleep NEAR me (see Piva's little head behind mine?)...


Or ON me... (can't believe I slept through cats crawling all over me and Rick taking pictures of the whole thing...) :)

No comments: