Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday random thoughts...

I was so excited last night to see that the Discovery channel has filmed a couple more episodes of one of my favorite shows, Discovery Atlas. That was the show I fell in love with way back in 2006, when each episode focused on one country, and various inhabitants of that country. It was SUCH an interesting show, with really beautiful, rich, colorful cinematography. And there are at least two episodes showing right now – France, and Japan. I watched the episode about France last night, and as the camera swooped in on the proud, gleaming Eiffel Tower, I suddenly realized there was a difference between the way the show looked last night, and the way it looked a couple years ago when I was watching it in my old house – I now have high definition TV! That Eiffel Tower looked like it was IN my living room! I could practically smell the lavender in the fields of Provence! Soooooooo cool. (And once again – yes, Faisal, you’re right. I DO like my electronic doohickeys, okay? Almost as much as I love my lip gloss… sometimes, even MORE than I love my lip gloss… :))

I have decided that Piva is quite the strange little cat. Not only does she enjoy climbing into the fireplace and chasing the little mouse pointer arrow on computer screens, but apparently she’s decided she can ONLY drink water from a running faucet in the bathroom. I’m not sure she EVER drinks from the bowl of water next to her food bowl that I diligently refill with fresh water every morning. I guess water in a bowl just isn’t fresh ENOUGH – it has to be straight from the tap. So when Piva wants water, she’ll follow me into the bathroom, jump up on the sink, and give me a few cute little meows until I turn the water on for her. She then parks herself in the sink, with her head under the running water so she can lap at the faucet. When she’s done, she shakes off her paws (which always get wet) and her head (which sometimes gets wet because I like to dribble water on her head… she’s always so focused on drinking that she doesn’t even notice the water on her head until she’s finished… I suppose that’s mean… but it IS rather funny. :)).

I bruise WAY too easily… I knocked my arm against a doorknob last week, and ended up with this really ugly bruise that FINALLY seems to be fading. And then this morning, I ran into the stupid doorknob AGAIN (are my motor skills somewhat challenged or something?? You’d think I could manage to avoid running into doorknobs…). Same arm, same place – so now I’m HOPING I didn’t hit it hard enough to bruise again. Because I’ll be really annoyed if I finally managed to get rid of the first bruise, only for it to be replaced with a second, equally-ugly bruise…

I must take this opportunity to offer congratulations to Dave and his soon-to-be wife Nancy, who are getting married tomorrow at that ranch in Crawford… oh, no, wait, that’s Jenna Bush. Well, Dave and Nancy will be sharing an anniversary with the president’s daughter. In case anyone has forgotten, THIS is Dave -- the fire worshiper on the right:


And again, THIS guy is getting married. Really. THIS guy:

I expect my parents to return with many wedding pictures that show Dave all dressed up with food in his teeth. Because I'm just not sure we've ever been anywhere with Dave and NOT come back with a picture of him with food in his teeth...

Okay, seriously – congratulations, Dave!! I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful (and spinach-free), and I wish you and Nancy all the best. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dave!!!