Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I forgot to buy a knish... oh well...

So last night was the Yankee game -- they won 5-0. And I was happy not only that the Yankees WON, but that the opposing pitcher LOST -- I have Kazmir on my fantasy team, and I could not in good conscience pitch him against the Yankees. So I benched him, and then hoped he wouldn't have some kind of super great game. And fortunately, he didn't. :)

It was so great to be back at Yankee Stadium, but I think I was sitting next to the loudest, drunkest guy at the game (and no, it wasn't Rick...). He yelled at just about every batter (Bobby Abreu was the most annoying... you can only listen to "c'mon Bobby! Let's go Bobby! Bobby Bobby Bobby!" so many times before you want to punch someone in the face...) and then serenaded us with his drunken rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." When he finally left in the 8th inning, I think the entire stadium got quieter...

We took the subway to the game, which was quite interesting. Actually, if it hadn't been for the crushing throngs of people, it would've been a very convenient way to get to the game. It's just a short walk down to Grand Central Station from our hotel, and the ride to the stadium is only about 15 or 20 minutes. And no worries about parking, which is nice. But the insane number of people jammed into the subway car was a bit suffocating -- I just kept hoping our train wouldn't break down somewhere and strand us all like sweaty cattle...

Some pictures from the game:

Kazmir pitches to A-rod (who was much too preoccupied with Madonna to do anything productive in the game...)


Jeter and the hit that scored the first two runs in the game...


The groundskeepers doing their YMCA dance...


Giambi and his mustache sitting next to A-rod...


Giambi loooooves that mustache...


Posada takes one for the team...


Me and my Yankee hat...

No comments: