Friday, May 28, 2010

Hawaii pics...

Here's the first set of Hawaii pics... I'll just upload a few at a time, so I can say that I posted fifteen times over the weekend. :) (Just kidding... but maybe I can manage two or three...)

The understated sign at the entrance to our resort... it was so understated, in fact, that we really had to pay attention to not miss our turn. (But it was worth it once we got to the resort!)


The beach at the hotel -- it had a tendency to be clear and sunny in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon... (but cloudy in Hawaii is still IN HAWAII... so, you know, not so bad... :))


Pensive Rick looking out over the ocean...


Our favorite restaurant at the hotel was called the Beach Tree -- which, coincidentally, was right next to this big tree on the beach...


The view from our room, which I gazed out at every morning... and then I would sigh with a mixture of temporary contentment and resignation that I'd soon have to leave...


I'm not sure what kind of bird this is, but I just decided to call it a Chicken Bird. It was hanging out at the little coffee shop at the hotel, no doubt waiting for pastry crumbs to fall onto the ground. All we had was coffee, but that didn't stop Chicken Bird from being very vocal and repeatedly asking if we had anything to share (at least I think that's what it was saying... I don't actually speak Chicken Birdish, so I'm just guessing...).


Rick at the coffee shop...


Me at the coffee shop -- note that awesome Hawaiian tan...


Chicken bird!

No comments: