Sunday, May 23, 2010

More to come...

I know I've been taking forever to get some pictures up -- I've been sidetracked by the fact that our sweet 16-year-old Echo has been going downhill since we got home. Apparently vacations are not good for our pets -- we had to say goodbye to Allegro the day we left for Vegas, and now it looks like we'll be saying goodbye to Echo very soon. She stopped eating while we were away, and she's barely eaten anything since we got back. I was able to hand-feed her a few bites of bread and a couple tiny pieces of steak last night, but that's about it. She's been having a lot of trouble walking very far the last few months, and now she can hardly even STAND anymore, let alone walk anywhere. So we've been trying to make some really difficult decisions today. The vet won't be in until tomorrow, so we'll probably take her in some time tomorrow... I'm hoping to take "pet leave" from work (I think it's cool that my job actually offers that!), because I don't think I'll be able to function too well tomorrow.

So for now, here are a few random pictures I took the day we arrived in Hawaii, as I wandered around the (amazing-beautiful-didn't-want-to-leave) resort:

No comments: