Saturday, July 09, 2011

Independently random...

As I previously mentioned, I forgot to take a camera with me on July 4th and I was unable to document the fireworks display. But dad gave me a CD with all of the pictures from his camera and mom's camera, so now I have proof that we saw fireworks. Well, I have proof that mom and dad saw fireworks, at least. So in lieu of a "Derek Jeter is awesome" post (which I'll have to work on for next time), here are a few pictures:

This is the horrible view that mom and dad have from their place when you're sitting on the balcony. (Obviously dad took this picture -- hence the Starbucks coffee cup)...

Faisal's building, the site of our fireworks-watching vantage point...

And Faisal has THIS horrible view to contend with outside his window... honestly, I would just move. Maybe to a place with a nice view of an alley or a subway station...

When the fireworks started, we noticed that this blimp, wrapped in a Farmer's Insurance logo, was hanging out in the "fireworks display" area. And it STAYED there even with flammable things exploding around it. I realize blimps no longer use hydrogen, but we were still pretty sure we were seeing Hindenburg 2 in the making... (And, strangely, we all switched over to Farmer's Insurance on July 5th...)




And since this post is much too theme-oriented and not nearly random enough, here's a picture of me reflected in the cabinet where all our TV equipment is:

Plus, an extra-special bonus random picture:

Uhhh... yeah... I have no idea either...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Cool firework pics.

At least I got a basic idea what went off fifteen miles away from me last night (7/9).

Pretty brazen of the blimp to hang out with all the fireworks going off around them.

Lisa said...

Thanks! :)

Yeah, the blimp was a little strange... we could only assume that it was SUPPOSED to be there as an advertisement for Farmer's Insurance. But it was a bit distracting in the middle of all those fireworks...