Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Middle of the week randomness...

Lest I keep anyone in suspense (as I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for the conclusion of this story), I DID finally find my white-noise machine. It was in the very last place I looked -- and yes, I know it's ALWAYS in the last place you look, because once you find something you stop looking... but in this case, it was literally the LAST place I COULD look. I had rummaged through every other box, bag, crate, suitcase and storage container in the condo. And then I spotted my laptop bag sitting on the floor near the fireplace. I hadn't bothered to search through it, since I removed my laptop from the bag the day I brought it over... I had assumed it was empty. Never assume. Because apparently, the same day I brought over my laptop, I also brought over the white-noise machine, which was nestled into a front pocket. I can now once again pretend I'm falling asleep on the beach in Hawaii...

Speaking of the beach in Hawaii... I wish I was on a beach in Hawaii. Just sayin'...

Does anyone ever watch that show Ghost Hunters? It's like the dumbest show ever... these people take night-vision cameras into creepy locations like abandoned prisons and dilapidated psychiatric hospitals, and then film with all the lights off while they act really scared. And then the cameraman will drop a pen, or someone stumbles over an unnoticed chair (because all the lights are off, so how can these people really see where they're going??), and everyone freaks out and starts asking, "what was that? Did you hear that??" Like it's not obvious that someone just tripped over a chair. They never actually FIND any ghosts in their "hunt." How does that show even stay on the air (she asked, even as she realized that "Jersey Shore" is still on the air...)??

I never thought I'd say, "I'm so glad that I get to do laundry whenever I want," but I really AM glad that I can do laundry whenever I want in my new condo. (That is so sad... :))

FYI, everyone needs to watch The First 48: Missing Persons this Thursday night on A&E -- in fact, you should all set it up to Tivo. Do it now. I'll wait. (This show follows Chicago detectives on missing persons cases in the city... and Thursday is going to be Eric's big television debut. I suspect it will be the most riveting two or three minutes of television that has aired on any channel anywhere ever. And Eric has promised me explosions and shootouts and possibly ninja babies with grenades. I'm actually not sure about any of that, but I would definitely record the show, just in case...)

I can't believe the National League won the All-Star game last night... but I CAN believe the U.S. women's team beat France in the World Cup finals... that's kinda cool, and it makes me wish I liked soccer more...

Okay, that's all I've got today, and I'm starving so I should go find something to eat...   

No comments: