Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday random thoughts...

Must not post cat pictures today... do not want to turn into Crazy Cat Lady. (Actually, I'm fairly certain I passed the "crazy" part of that equation about ten years ago... are the cats inevitable now?? Perhaps I should get another dog sometime soon to even things out...)

So the last two or three nights in a row, we've had pop-up thunderstorms that roll into the city and stick around for half the night. Rick has been LOVING this, by the way, because we've seen some pretty serious lightning strikes from our condo living room. Never mind the fact that I've been cowering in fear in a little ball of nerves on the couch... okay, that's probably an exaggeration. I've only gathered myself up into a little ball of nerves two or three times over the last few days. I actually find the storms here less threatening than the storms in Texas, maybe because I know there are so many tall buildings around to act as lightning rods. In Texas, the tallest thing around is usually your house... or possibly the trees next to your house. And don't get me started on hail and tornadoes... I wish we could send some of our rain to Texas, because they need it so badly...

Some contractors came to sand and paint our balcony today -- so now it looks like we have a brand new balcony on our who-knows-how-old-it-is condo. (How old IS this building?? I'm not even sure...)

How is it already almost August? I'm just now starting to get used to the summery weather here. We're planning a trip to Austin at the end of August, so fortunately (UNfortunately??) we'll get an extra dose of crazy-hot summer weather before September comes along. This year is going by too quickly... (I probably say that EVERY year. :))

Apparently I am extremely lacking in creativity today, because that's about all I've got... hope everyone has a great weekend!


NOT a cat... totally random Istanbul picture...

No comments: