Monday, June 11, 2007

Getting to know me (again)...

I haven't found one of these crazy questionnaires in a while, but I stumbled upon one this morning as I was shuffling through some random blogs. So here are a few more answers to some useless questions:

What’s your name spelled backwards?

Asil… Lorac Asil if you include my middle name. Hey, that’s not such a bad name – Lorac Asil. Weird, sure. But not so bad.

What did you do last night?

Ate dinner at Z Tejas… had spicy macaroni with blackened chicken. It was goooood. And, if we don’t wind up moving to Chicago, we’ll soon be able to frequent Z Tejas right across the street from our neighborhood – they’re building one within walking distance of our house…

The last thing you downloaded onto your computer?

Probably pictures? Yeah, I’m guessing pictures…

Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery?

I do have a vague memory of the tangy zip of 9 volt on my tongue – so I must’ve done it when I was a kid…

Last time you swam in a pool?

Last summer – although my pool temp is up to 85, so I may have to jump in some time soon…

How many cars have you owned?

Um, let’s count… I had an Eagle Medallion (what? Never heard of it? Yeah, that’s because they made it for about two years and then destroyed all evidence of its existence…); a Honda Accord; a Honda Civic; a great little Audi A4 (now living in mom and dad’s driveway…); another Audi A4; and an Acura MDX – is that it? I’m only counting the cars that were “mine” – I won’t even get started on Rick’s cars…

Type of music you dislike most?

Country. Blah. Blech. Hate country music. Most of it, anyway. There are a handful of songs I like, and a few more I can tolerate. But for the most part, really, really don’t like country.

Are you registered to vote?

Yep

Do you have cable?

Only for the computer… we’ve got a DirecTV satellite. Best thing ever. Except when a thunderstorm rolls through and blocks the signal…

What kind of computer do you use?

A silvery-gray one. With a keyboard. And an “on” button.

Ever made a prank phone call?

I don’t think so… but if I did, it would’ve been shortly after licking a 9 volt battery, no doubt.

You like anyone right now?

I like lots of people… I even love a few of them…

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?

I doubt it. I might sky dive if I happened to be on an imminently-crashing plane stocked with a few parachutes. Otherwise, why would I jump out of a perfectly decent plane?

Furthest place you ever traveled?

I think that would be St. Petersburg, Russia… yep, after looking at my travel map with all the stickpins, it’s definitely St. Petersburg.

What’s your favorite comic strip?

I loved Calvin and Hobbes, and I wish it was still being written…

Do you know all the words to the national anthem?

Oh yeah – that was the first song we learned in choir class in high school. Every single year. We sang it about a zillion times. I can probably still sing all four parts, too, since we went over all of them repeatedly…

Shower, morning or night?

I shower after I work out, which is usually around late afternoon… although lately Rick and I have been taking walks at night, too, so I’m faced with a conundrum – should I shower twice and risk drying out my skin and hair? Should I shower only after my afternoon workout, and hope it still “takes” after walking two miles in the evening? Should I hold off on the shower until evening? Who knew it could be so complicated…

Best movie you’ve seen in the past month?

Well, although I was a bit disappointed in the ending and had a hard time following the convoluted story, I’d have to say it was Pirates of the Caribbean, if only for the great special effects. And it went by very quickly for such a long movie – so I was obviously entertained.

Favorite pizza toppings?

Mushrooms and fresh garlic – especially at the Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria across the street. They have the BEST slices…

Chips or popcorn?

Definitely popcorn… never been much of a chip person…

What cell phone provider do you have?

Verizon – you know, the one where the entire network follows you around all day? It’s a little creepy, to be honest…

Have you ever smoked peanut shells?

What? Peanut shells? Who smokes peanut shells? And why, exactly? And how? Do you have to, like, grind them up and roll them in paper? Or do you just light up a shell and puff away? To answer the question – I’ve never smoked anything… peanut shells or otherwise…

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?

Hold on, I have to stop laughing…

Orange Juice or apple?

Orange juice, as long as it’s pulp-free. I hate orange juice pulp. I don’t like to chew my juice while I’m drinking it.

Favorite chocolate bar?

I’m not sure I can answer that question… I mean, if it’s chocolate, chances are I’ll eat it and like it. What I really like is to buy chocolate bars in foreign countries to try something new. I’ve had some great stuff in England and Italy…

Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?

I’ve never grown my own tomatoes, so I guess never. Although maybe I’ve eaten someone ELSE’S homegrown tomatoes, who knows…

Have you ever won a trophy?

I don’t know about an actual TROPHY, but I did get that Presidential Academic Fitness award in high school. (Notice I said ACADEMIC fitness – not the physical fitness award. I could kick butt in a classroom, but not in the gym…)

Favorite arcade game?

I’m sorry, is it still 1982?

Ever ordered from an infomercial?

I’ve ordered a few exercise DVDs from infomercials… Tae-Bo and stuff like that. I’m making up for my lack of Presidential Physical Fitness awards in high school…

Sprite or 7-UP?

I don’t care enough about either one to make a decision. I can take ‘em or leave ‘em.

Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work?

Nope.

Last thing you bought at Walgreens?

I can’t remember, but my purchase no doubt included lip gloss… I just can’t seem to walk into a Walgreens and walk out without buying lip gloss. I’m so addicted to that stuff…

Ever thrown up in public?

Not that I can remember. Of course, little kids are always throwing up all over the place, so who knows…

Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?

Oh, everyone knows it’s gotta be the love. Money is only nice for so long… at some point, you realize it really DOESN’T buy happiness…

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Nope. Not possible. It’s not possible to simply LOOK at someone and make the decision to love them. “Love” at first sight is just “attraction” at first sight.

Spongebob or Jimmy Neutron?

Spongebob annoys me, but I don’t know enough about this Jimmy Neutron character to make a judgment call… for all I know, he goes around smoking peanut shells and licking batteries and generally being a bad influence.

Did you have long hair as a young kid?

Not until around second grade… before that, my mom had been cutting my hair really short, and I remember thinking I was afraid I looked like a boy. I guess I convinced her I wanted to grow it out by the time I got to second grade, and I’ve never cut it that short again. (Sorry, mom. :))

Where would you like to go right now?

To a Yankee game. Now, while we’re on a winning streak…

Whats the name of your pet?

I have two – my dog Echo, and my cat Allegro.

What kind of backpack do you have, and what’s in it?

I don’t have a backpack… but I do have a messenger bag that I use as a carry-on bag when I travel. It pretty much remains constantly stocked with the things I refuse to travel without – lip balm, gum, hand lotion, ear plugs, sunglasses, a travel journal, hand sanitizer… when I’m ready to go somewhere, I just toss in a book or some magazines and my ID, and I’m all set…

What do you think about most?

That changes on a daily basis… ask me tomorrow…

No comments: