Saturday, June 02, 2007

Random Saturday thoughts...

Hey, it’s June already… seems like just yesterday it was Christmas. Well, not yesterday. Maybe, like, last week. But it’s funny, because every year when I’m sadly returning my Christmas decorations to the boxes from whence they came, I think to myself, “it’ll be Christmas again before I know it.” And I always seem to be right… I mean, we’re practically halfway through 2007…

I am getting frustrated with my fantasy baseball team. Actually, that’s not entirely true. My offense is really getting its act together now – unlike the beginning of the season, when everyone on my team seemed to forget what a “bat” was for. But now that they’ve remembered, my pitchers are slacking off. Lazy slackers. But there are still several months of baseball left. I’m not giving up on my dream to one day crawl out of the ninth place basement I’ve been in for far too long. It’s gonna happen. Oh yes. It’ll happen.

And speaking of baseball, am I the only one who thought Arod’s “hah!” distraction was hilarious during that Toronto/Yankees game the other night? That was so funny… I keep hearing people say it was unfair or unsportsmanlike or whatever – but really, c’mon. It was hilarious. Just admit it.

We went to see Spiderman 3 last week. It was okay, but I think I liked the first two better. And tonight we’re probably going to go see the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Haven’t seen the third Shrek movie yet… but what is it with threes this year? I mean, have there been any seconds? Or fourths? Or has it just been threes?

So there’s a possibility Rick and I might move to Chicago, and we’re getting excited about the idea, even though it would mean long, cold winters. Rick was never a big fan of the winters in New Jersey, so a Chicago winter would definitely test his patience with arctic air. (Although he had this strange tendency to NOT wear a winter coat in the winter, and stubbornly eschewed gloves or hats or scarves… but he has vowed to dress for the weather should we end up in Chicago. He’ll be happy he decided to do that…) We’re both interested in the chance to live in a big city, and it would be cool to be near Eric. I’ve already promised him that if I move up there, I’ll be sure to have him over to my house for lots of mayonnaise-based foods and big glasses of extra-lactose milk…

Okay, nothing interesting to say today… and I need to workout before we head to the movie (so I can eat popcorn… and possibly something chocolate… Mmmm… popcorn and chocolate – great for dinner…). So that’s it for now…

No comments: