Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's that time again...

So I was thumbing through a fantasy baseball magazine Rick bought a few days ago, and on the last page was an article written by the resigned-sounding wife of a fantasy-baseball-playing husband. She wrote about how her husband had been playing fantasy baseball for years, and she finally realized that the best thing she could do for her husband when his fantasy draft rolled around was to completely vacate the premises and flee to Florida. Presumably so she could be “out of his hair” and allow him to participate in his manly endeavors without the interruptions of her feminine presence.

Uh, yeah right. Forget THAT. Bring on the fantasy baseball!

The draft has actually managed to sneak up on me this year. I’ve been so busy with the new house and the old house and packing and unpacking and cleaning and organizing… I’ve barely had time to think about baseball. I can hardly believe there are only nine days left until opening day, and, therefore, less than a week until the draft. So I have less than a week to figure out who I should be drafting and what sort of strategy I should use (if I use ANY kind of “strategy”… perhaps “winging it” IS my strategy…). And then I get to look forward to another glorious season of baseball – when I will, no doubt, obsess over my pitching points (or lack thereof) and methodically scroll past game scores every night to see who won which game and how many of my players had anything to do with every run scored. Gosh, I love baseball…

And what I find interesting (or perhaps weird, or disturbing, or upsetting) about those fantasy baseball magazines that Rick purchases is how FEW women seem to contribute to any of them. An entire magazine, and the only female input to the entire thing was a single column about GETTING AWAY from the fantasy baseball experience. I’ve actually quite enjoyed throwing myself right into it… I would think there might be more girls out there who felt the same way. Then again, maybe I really AM the only one. And if that’s the case, then I really ought to be writing some articles for these fantasy baseball magazines…

But in the meantime, I will, once again, throw myself right into the melee and see what happens…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lisa,
r u sure the dust bunny did not look cute like some guy named eric who lives in nj.

Lisa said...

Hmmm... come to think of it, one of those dust bunnies DID flash a badge and ask to see my ID... but then I swept him up with my Swiffer... They've probably got my "wanted" poster hanging up down at the DBPD... :)

Anonymous said...

i think rick is going to kick ur butt this year. maybe u should stick to girl things like dusting for bunnies.