Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday random thoughts...

Fantasy team so bad… no points… players don’t know how to hit baseballs… very bad… must… not… give… up… hope…

Note to Eric D. and any other pedometer-wearing people – I have 16,479 steps so far today. And it’s only a little after 5:00, so I anticipate a couple thousand more before the evening is over…

My evil bathroom scale has informed me that I need to get my eating habits back under control, as the number it displays to me has been slowly creeping upward over the last couple months. This, no doubt, is the result of our move and all the disorganized chaos that came along with it. I had been in a nice routine of journaling my food choices and saving my trips to restaurants for the weekends… plus I made sure to consume only ONE calorie-laden dessert on the weekends, ensuring I would reduce my never-ending chocolate cravings during the rest of the week. But when we started the whole moving process, it became so much easier (and less exhausting) to simply hop across the street to the new Z Tejas restaurant and order some chips and queso and spicy mac and cheese for dinner. Then I didn’t have to worry about the fact that our fridge hadn’t been delivered to the new house yet, or that I was tired from moving boxes all day. But running over to Z Tejas a couple times a week is a very bad habit to get into… and no trip to Z Tejas is complete without their ancho chili fudge pie for dessert… Sooooooo good. (And yet soooooo bad for you…) Anyway, enough of that. I’m back to food journaling and eating small meals at home. That evil scale will NOT get the best of me…

It’s sunny outside right now, for the first time all week. It has been depressingly gray and rainy the last few days, and I was really getting tired of it. Literally. I think clouds make me sleepy. I actually feel more wide awake when it’s sunny…

After making dinner and taking a couple trips up and down the stairs, I am now up to 17,821 steps…

Oh boy… I was somehow convinced (by Rick and several fantasy baseball websites) to start three pitchers tomorrow. If, by some miracle, they all do well, I might have a chance to crawl out of my tenth-place hole. However, if they’ve all heard the stories of the Lisa Curse, they may just give up before they even start. We shall see…

And speaking of baseball, we’re watching the Yankee game (6-1 Tampa Bay so far… what is it about Tampa Bay? They always manage to score so many runs against the Yankees…) and we’re watching it on our high definition TV. High def is great, but we’ve also noticed that sometimes, it’s a little TOO detailed. Like when you’re watching a baseball game and they show those close-up shots of sweaty players in the dugout, and you can see every single pore, freckle and blemish on their faces. That’s just NOT pretty…

Okay, have to go watch the rest of this game, because the Yankees appear to be staging a rally… GO YANKEES!!! (And go Lisa’s fantasy team!! Please…)

No comments: