Thursday, September 30, 2010

Success... more or less...

It's September 30, which means: I need one more blog post to hit my goal of eight posts for the month! So here we go...

Um, apparently I overestimated my ability to extract worthy blog material from thin air... hold on just a second...

Yep, just as I suspected -- I'm gonna have to resort to my blog topic fall back: random thoughts... really SHORT random thoughts... (sorry, it's the best I can do right now... :))

1) Is tomorrow seriously October?? This year is going by too quickly...

2) We had a fire drill at work yesterday. It felt like being in grade school again. Except for the eardrum-poppingly loud alarm in the building. Like RIDICULOUSLY loud. I guess it's to make sure no one will even ATTEMPT to stay inside the building in the case of a real fire...

3) I actually saw a commercial today for Kmart layaway -- for Christmas. Sheesh -- you could at LEAST wait until Halloween. Who starts their Christmas shopping this early, anyway?? (And if you happen to be one of those people -- just shut up. I don't want to hear about how you have everything bought and wrapped by Halloween. ;))

4) Rick and I have discovered a way to keep the cats away from the blinds at night when we're trying to sleep -- a can of compressed air. They HATE the sound it makes -- in fact, ever since we figured out how much they hate the sound of hissing air, they've barely touched the blinds. We keep the can nearby as a deterrent... they dare not anger the Threatening Overlord of Pressurized Air...

5) Hey, tomorrow is Friday!!

6) Is anyone else disturbed by the Old Navy commercials with the mannequins? There's just something really weird about totally immobile "spokespeople"...

Okay, I know it wasn't much, but I DID manage to post eight times this month. Yay me. Sort of... :) Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: