Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend random stuff...

I have about two hours before Fantasy Baseball Draft 2011 begins, and I have NO CLUE who I'm drafting or what I'm doing this year. We're using a new scoring system this year, and I'm not entirely sure how it's going to work yet... in other words, I expect to be in last place after opening day, and probably most of the season thereafter. (But who knows, maybe I'll figure everything out immediately... :))

So Rick and I walked about 4 miles around Lincoln Park this morning and afternoon. We headed out around 8:45 this morning and walked to Home Depot for an appointment with their kitchen/bath designers. (By the way, early Sunday morning is a great time to be out and about in Chicago -- the streets were practically empty... we picked up some Starbucks cappuccinos, and, despite the fact that the temperature was below freezing and my face hurt, quite enjoyed the mile walk to the store on sunny sidewalks in almost-solitude.) We picked out some cabinets/counters/flooring we'd like in the new condo, just so we could get an estimate for how much all the work/materials will cost. (FYI -- it's going to cost a lot... :)) I think we got some great ideas while we were there -- I can definitely see a plan coming together. I can't wait to close on this condo so we can get started with some renovations...

Afterwards, we had the idea to head to Stanley's for life-changing fried chicken, but unbeknownst to us, they also have a very popular brunch on Sundays -- so the place was packed. I was already starving (having skipped breakfast), so made the executive decision to move on to find food elsewhere. Of course, we ended up walking another 20 or 25 minutes, and by that time, our table probably would've been ready... oh well...

I'm watching Home Alone -- is that weird? I mean, I realize it's a Christmas movie, but it's pretty funny. And besides, it IS only 33 degrees outside right now. It might as WELL be December... I should make sugar cookies...

Speaking of cookies -- I made chocolate chip cookies the other night, even though I was pretty sure I didn't have quite enough sugar or flour... I was still determined. They turned into something more like chocolate chip pancakes. But did I care? Nope. Did I still eat them? Yep.

So mom and dad are heading up on Tuesday, and mom has informed me that I have to make fajitas some time while they're here. I haven't made fajitas since we left Austin... and I can't remember if my fajita seasoning made it up here in one of our kitchen boxes... *Lisa runs away from the computer to check the cupboard.* Hey, it DID make it! (Although there's not much left... I may have to see if my little grocery store down the street carries this brand...)

Okay, I'm off to read about baseball players, to see if I can gain some insight between now and draft time...

No comments: