Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What I've learned...

...the last few days I've been here... or "an excuse for a random picture post":

Wasps nests are BAD. This one was under the eaves at Rick's parents' house -- Rick got a can of wasp-killing Raid, aimed it at all these little flying daggers, and sprayed away. The wasps scattered outward (prompting Rick and me to perform a little "get me away from these wasps" dance... it was quite graceful, I assure you...), but to the credit of the "kills on contact" claims on that wasp spray, the bugs began to fall to the ground like tiny little skydivers, sans parachutes...

There are cats I can put on the blog other than MY cats! Like this three-headed cat that used to live on mom and dad's couch... (That's Ozzie, Tiger and Koala... Ozzie, unfortunately, went to see Allegro and Echo and Kiko in pet heaven last week. As you can see, Tiger and Koala absolutely LOVED Ozzie and always wanted to be close to him... much to Ozzie's chagrin... :))

And this is Gracie, one of the cats who lives with Rick's parents... she was watching us spray the wasps and wondering why humans are so weird...

I've also learned that I look really, really short when I'm standing with my brothers and cousins... and I seem to have an abnormal amount of abnormally dark hair, comparatively speaking.

Sometimes, I can be sort of crazy...

 But really, I'm quite sane. Most of the time...

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I have a wasp nest outside my studio window. I think I may call in the professionals because I have the feeling if I attempted to get rid of the nest, the wasps would win!

Lisa said...

The crazy thing is, a few days after we got rid of that nest, they CAME BACK and started rebuilding! We doused them with poison again, and then made sure every remnant of the nest was gone -- but maybe professionals would've been a better idea! :)

Jeff said...

There is a right way to kill the wasps. If you promptly kill them without wearing any protection, they’ll get on you and have revenge. It's in their nature to become defensive once triggered. If you can’t control them anymore, have an expert get rid of them. It's for your own safety.
Jeffrey Goude @ BugManiacs